Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th June 2010, 05:50 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It will be really tough to do a top-10 releases of the year, with this competing alongside The Exorcist, City of the Living Dead, Day of the Dead, Martin and numerous other top releases will probably come to me as soon as I hit 'Submit Reply'!
Old 25th June 2010, 08:41 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramses View Post
Yes, I remember taping it at the time. Not sure I watched more than a few minutes of it, it wasn't exactly the 'Suspiria Pt 3' I was expecting.
Wouldn't mind giving it another go but God knows where the tape is now!
Apart from Luigi Cozzi's involvement i also believe Caroline Munro stars in the film but that's about as much as i know about this version of TBC!
Old 25th June 2010, 12:08 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Inferno - The Extras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73

I'm convinced that some years ago one of Sky's movie channels screened this version of TBC several times in one of those 'Let's put any old rubbish on' early morning slots. Never got the chance to catch it.
I remember taping it. Getting through it was a bit of an ordeal, it is pretty bad. I can't remember much about it - probably some kind of subconscious repression going on there.

I'm not much of a Cozzi fan, with the exception of The Dark Is Death's Friend which is a great movie.
Old 1st July 2010, 10:55 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomer1971 View Post
I'm not much of a Cozzi fan, with the exception of The Dark Is Death's Friend which is a great movie.
The Dark is Death's Friend (aka The Killer Must Kill Again) is indeed a fine Giallo with some surprisingly nasty moments. I'd also offer up Contamination and Starcrash as being heaps of fun too, but not great films by any means - highly entertaining, though IMO!

I did catch The Black Cat on Sky last century (been dying to use that phrase LOL!) and it was...okay, but nothing more. I did watch it right through, so I guess I must have a higher tolerance for crap than most people.
Old 1st July 2010, 11:05 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I like Contamination, it's cheesy as hell and has a superb Goblin score (later pinched by Bruno Mattei for Zombie Creeping Flesh)

Cozzi's Paganini Horror is one of the worst films ever made.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 1st July 2010, 11:49 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
[b]I'd also offer up Contamination and Starcrash as being heaps of fun too, but not great films by any means - highly entertaining, though IMO!
I admit to a certain affection for Starcrash. When I was a kid in the early 1980s I remember my Dad mistaking it for Star Wars and bringing it home from the local video library - the impression on a young mind of Caroline Munro in those outfits remains indelibly etched in my subconscious!

Have you seen the UK DVD at all? I'm trying to decide whether it is worth picking up as I only have an old pre-cert VHS copy.
Old 1st July 2010, 12:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomer1971 View Post
I admit to a certain affection for Starcrash. When I was a kid in the early 1980s I remember my Dad mistaking it for Star Wars and bringing it home from the local video library - the impression on a young mind of Caroline Munro in those outfits remains indelibly etched in my subconscious!

Have you seen the UK DVD at all? I'm trying to decide whether it is worth picking up as I only have an old pre-cert VHS copy.
Best to wait for the forthcoming American special edition in September. We filmed Luigi Cozzi for an extensive 40 minute piece where he talks at length about the making of the movie!
Old 2nd August 2010, 04:37 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Dario will be featured in ALL of Arrow's upcoming releases. It was utterly pointless to do these discs without his input.

I also hope I'm not alone in saying that extras are a big appeal for people double-dipping with these movies (or first time purchasers). The feedback on City of the Living Dead would seem to indicate that.

Now. Here's the full INFERNO listing:

THIS AMAZING 30th ANNIVERSARY EDITION CONTAINS:

- Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned art work

- Double-sided fold out Poster

- Collector’s Booklet featuring brand new writing on Inferno by Alan Jones, author of Profondo Argento

- High Definition Presentation of the film (1080p)

- Optional 7.1 DTS-HD/2.0 Stereo Audio

SPECIAL FEATURES:

- Introduction to Inferno by star Daria Nicolodi

- Dario's Inferno (16 mins interview with Dario Argento)

- Acting in Hot Water: An Interview with Daria Nicolodi (18 mins interview)

- The Other Mother: Making the Black Cat (16 mins) In 1989 director Luigi Cozzi (a long time friend and collaborator of Dario Argento) decided to make the unofficial follow-up to Inferno and 'complete' the Three Mothers legacy. This feature looks at the torrid history of The Black Cat, with plenty of clips too!

- Dario Argento: An Eye for Horror (57 mins) Mark Kermode narrates this documentary on Argento’s career including interviews with George A. Romero and John Carpenter

- The Complete Dario Argento Trailer Gallery [18 films]

- Easter Egg (5 mins of Dario Argento in English, with random memories of Inferno)
How about a release of Cozzi's BLACK CAT or is it an MGM property (I know they have the TV rights - not sure about the DVD rights - in the US)?
Old 2nd August 2010, 10:50 AM
Active Cultist

sounds cool except for the Black cat extra,what a god awful movie
Old 2nd August 2010, 03:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer time View Post
sounds cool except for the Black cat extra,what a god awful movie
That's why we've done an extra feature on it! Precisely because it's so god-awful (although it's no worse than the equally god-awful Mother of Tears). You'll get a good old laugh as this one - especially when we ask Dario and Daria Nicolodi what they thought of it!

Like this? Share it using the links below!