Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st August 2010, 06:18 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by parallax1 View Post
The problem with your argument is that you don't have to go Blu exclusively. Buying a Blu Ray player doesn't make your DVDs obsolete. If anything the next format should play BOTH Blu and DVD....
That's kind of what I'm starting to look into as the next step for my collection- though I can't say I'm in a rush.
But it'll happen when it'll happen, largely depending on when I'll be coming across a player offer that I like enough and can't refuse...
Old 21st August 2010, 07:03 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neal View Post
That's kind of what I'm starting to look into as the next step for my collection- though I can't say I'm in a rush.
But it'll happen when it'll happen, largely depending on when I'll be coming across a player offer that I like enough and can't refuse...
Just remember that Blu Rays are like Pringles...once you pop you just can't stop....
Old 21st August 2010, 12:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by parallax1 View Post
Who the hell are you? I'm sorry is this forum off-limits to new users?
No, but that post was kind of offensive.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 21st August 2010, 01:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Just remember that Blu Rays are like Pringles...once you pop you just can't stop...
Opinions...
Old 18th March 2011, 04:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post

- Double-sided fold out Poster
If I could afford it, I'd double dip just for that poster. :wub:
Old 18th March 2011, 04:53 PM
Cult Rookie

I love the extras on Arrow's releases, but I do have a minor nit to pick.

Can the animated intro's be shortened a bit? On every Arrow release the intros take between a minute and a half and 2 minutes until they're over and done with. They don't add anything and they go on forever. I've never seen extras that take to long to get to the point.

Edit: Whoops, I thought this thread refered to The Beyond, but I guess it's also relevant to this release.
Old 18th March 2011, 06:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djangooo View Post
I love the extras on Arrow's releases, but I do have a minor nit to pick.

Can the animated intro's be shortened a bit? On every Arrow release the intros take between a minute and a half and 2 minutes until they're over and done with. They don't add anything and they go on forever. I've never seen extras that take to long to get to the point.

Edit: Whoops, I thought this thread refered to The Beyond, but I guess it's also relevant to this release.
Some people like them (Sight and Sound added that they were one of the best things of the Inferno package - high praise indeed, whilst others we won't name and shame - but have filmed - have said super nice things after seeing the packages they've been a part of) and sorry you do not: but that's what the fast-forward button is for

In all seriousness though - thanks for the feedback! I don't see how you can say they don't add anything: I'm long fed up of extra features that have basic titles and then someone sitting there with their name underneath them. We spend time on our stuff and want it to show.

But nevertheless I really appreciate your feedback and will keep those intros a wee bit tighter we do know its hard to please everyone but we honestly try!
Old 18th March 2011, 06:46 PM
Cult Rookie

I think it all adds to the charm of a specially crafted release.
It is further evidence of the detail and attention that went into these releases (this one included). Remember, it would be far easier to just release a 'vanilla' disc or even one without the intros.
Old 18th March 2011, 07:49 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Some people like them (Sight and Sound added that they were one of the best things of the Inferno package - high praise indeed, whilst others we won't name and shame - but have filmed - have said super nice things after seeing the packages they've been a part of) and sorry you do not: but that's what the fast-forward button is for

In all seriousness though - thanks for the feedback! I don't see how you can say they don't add anything: I'm long fed up of extra features that have basic titles and then someone sitting there with their name underneath them. We spend time on our stuff and want it to show.

But nevertheless I really appreciate your feedback and will keep those intros a wee bit tighter we do know its hard to please everyone but we honestly try!
Don't get me wrong, I like the style of them as they have an appealing fanzine aesthetic that suits the history of these films. It's just that as you suggest I find myself reaching for the fast forward button after the first 40 or so seconds.

Like this? Share it using the links below!