Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th June 2010, 10:29 PM
Cultist in Training

Need to look for that thread. I've picked up all the Arrow Blus so far. Gonna finish of getting a bunch of the DVDs once I get my check for tutoring at school.
Old 18th June 2010, 12:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
All the release dates are provisional Sarge, Inferno used to have a release for July I think, but it got put back.

Also Play were offering up Deep Red on blu for pre-order from Arrow until they confirmed that it wouldn't be happening. The release date for Tenebrae is provisional, and I think Calum even mentioned somewhere in this thread that it was wrong. Play, HMV and Amazon are just offering titles that Arrow have expressed an idea in releasing - nothing's set in stone yet. The only definite Blu release that is up for pre-order is Inferno. Tenebrae is looking more, and more likely though, which is great.
As I expected Bizarre Eye ... I will leave my pre-order in for Tenebrae, cos' Arrow hasn't let me down yet!

Old 18th June 2010, 04:47 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

If things are available for pre-order, it makes sense to buy them as at least the company knows that there is demand for those titles -- something which I hope they would relay back to Arrow. That's why I have already pre-ordered the BDs of Inferno, The Beyond and Tenebrae.
Old 20th June 2010, 10:25 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

I've pre-ordered all DVD and possible BR releases of Arrow's Argento range so both SD and HD bases are covered. If a certain title comes out on DVD only then that's great. If the same film arrives on both the SD format and BR then that's even better. I'll have these timeless spaghetti slashfests on one format or another!

Based on his artwork so far i'm looking forward to what delectable designs Rick has lined up for us for Arrow's remaining Argento output.
Old 20th July 2010, 04:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

omg, this is one of the most awesome pieces of artwork I've ever seen - great work from Rick. One of the best of the series as well, I'd say.

Can't wait for the Blu-ray!
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:57 AM
Cultist in Training

Send a message via MSN to AshtonLamont

Great extras, great presentation with loving amounts of care and respect for the source material....pity it has a wee boys (badly proportioned) wank fantasy cover.....the man is obsessed with tits and arses, which is OK if your twelve and drawing stuff on the back of your school jotter but on the cover for Inferno?

Shouldn't be too surprised tho' Mr. Rick managed to get a pair of breasts on a Creature From The Black Lagoon commission!

You'll all say I'm probably over-reacting, but I do feel it cheapens the hard work done by all those involved with the DVD's.....

Ash
Old 3rd August 2010, 01:12 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshtonLamont View Post
You'll all say I'm probably over-reacting,
you're over-reacting :P
Old 3rd August 2010, 01:34 PM
Cultist in Training

lol!
Old 3rd August 2010, 07:56 PM
Cultist in Training

I don't think you're over-reacting, with that big arse stuck on the cover I also think it cheapens the film somewhat, its my least favourite cover. Just my opinion.
Old 3rd August 2010, 08:12 PM
Cultist in Training

It does strike me as horribly schizophrenic tho' like I said....I mean the bonus features, restoration and love and care that go in to the releases would shame Criterion but to then package them in that sub Spinal Tap artwork (my missus' first comment was "Smell the glove") is shocking.

I know that we can flip the cover over if desired but it still means having to buy them with that artwork on show for all to see....thank god for Amazon!
Ash

Like this? Share it using the links below!