Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th June 2010, 10:44 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm not sure, but I liked it will be a while before anything is confirmed to do with Phenomena simply because I imagine all time and effort is going into Inferno.
Old 27th June 2010, 12:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Amazon UK have listed Phenomena for a Blu-ray release on August 30.

Confirmation? Specs? Artwork?
That date's gonna change.
Old 27th June 2010, 01:27 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I never owned or seen any version of this so im just glad to get the chance to own/see it and know it'll be a quality release.
Old 20th July 2010, 05:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Dito, one of the few of his movies I haven't seen ... yet! Blu-ray's already preordered.
Old 20th July 2010, 05:34 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Same here excerpts I love the movie and plan to watch it again very soon. Fingers crossed for a Blu-ray release!
Old 21st July 2010, 07:55 AM
Active Cultist

Hopefully the new master will get the color timing right.
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:50 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbarr View Post
The integral version is a must, although to my knowledge the extra scenes were never dubbed into English
ill have to check but im sure my german dragon dvd has it in full english,i remember the voice over when she 1st gets to school is definitely in english
Old 22nd July 2010, 01:05 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer time View Post
ill have to check but im sure my german dragon dvd has it in full english,i remember the voice over when she 1st gets to school is definitely in english
Reviews of the Dragon DVD suggest that the 'Integral' version has the Italian language only scenes with subtitles, not in English.

Phenomena

Quote:
Yes at last, we have an English friendly print of the (strangely labelled) 'Integral' version of the film but maybe not as English friendly as some would have wished. Firstly although Dragon turned over every stone to try obtain the English audio for the re-instated 'integral' scenes (of which account for around six minutes) they were unsuccessful. While previous DVD releases from Anchor Bay (like Torso and Deep Red) suffered similar audio problems, they tackled this by automatically inserting English subtitles onto said Italian language scenes - Dragon's Phenomena disc doesn't provide this, but should the English market be chastising a German company for this? Lets look at this further - the disc is of German origin, the print is of Italian origin - the disc contains both full German audio and the full Italian audio also. For German fans that want to watch the film in Italian with German subtitles they can do this also. Now is it just me, or is the inclusion of any English audio or subtitles (albeit not perfectly polished off) a welcome addition? I think so! The subtitling isn't perfect, but then I have yet to see any Japanese DVD deliver perfect English translations either. What we do get is the opportunity to see for the first time the 'integral' version with 99% of its audio in optional English audio or (my own preferred option and should be yours also) the film with its full Italian audio track (as per the print) with English subtitles throughout. Of course, there will be the odd occasion where you will chuckle at some of the subtitling (like the Fangoria magazine references or Donald Pleasance talking about the 'suffering and ironing' following his crippling accident) but this will no way ruin your pleasure in watching the film.
Old 22nd July 2010, 08:34 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Phenomena is another Argento riot-fest.
It may not be up there with Tenebrae and Deep Red,but it contains enough energy and various subjects for ten movies!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 23rd July 2010, 01:44 PM
Cult Rookie

Like Profondo Rosso, this is a day one purchase if it comes out on BD (actually, I already pre-ordered it ).

But if it ends up being DVD only, I'll probably skip it, since I have 2 DVD editions already (including Dragon's limited 2 disc set, with the Integral cut; on a side note, both Argento and Simonetti signed the cover of my copy ).

Like this? Share it using the links below!