Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th June 2010, 06:46 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man View Post
Good stuff guys.

You doing a review on this?
Dunno. Discs haven't been coming our way for a while...

THE WILSON BROS
Old 10th June 2010, 07:20 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Ans he'll no doubt find something wrong with the transfer no matter how good it looks.
Old 10th June 2010, 07:49 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I realise I've kind of 'gone missing' on this thread and haven't posted to celebrate the good news. I must say I am stunned that the BBFC changed their minds but am over the moon that common sense prevailed and, if this letter writing 'campaign' had anything to do with it, then so much the better.

This would have been a great release even without the infamous 5 seconds (they would be a bit like Nixon's 18 missing minutes!) but, as Arrow can now justifiably market it as being the uncut version, it is a massive shot in the arm for the company and will do sales no harm at all.

Hey, congratulations to all of us -- we helped to make the release what we wanted it to be!
Old 11th June 2010, 03:39 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Now I am looking for the best pre-order price .... £14.99 BD from HMV at the moment .. if anyone finds a better price .. please post!!
Amazon is cheaper with their pre order price guarantee. Although it's listed at £16.09 on their site, if you add it to your cart and go to checkout the actual price will be £13.69.
Old 11th June 2010, 03:48 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Off topic but does anyone have the link for Rick's site. I like browsing through his art but never remember him site.
Old 11th June 2010, 04:29 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
Amazon is cheaper with their pre order price guarantee. Although it's listed at £16.09 on their site, if you add it to your cart and go to checkout the actual price will be £13.69.
That's because the current listed price of £16.09 includes VAT (Value Added Tax) in the appropriate areas purchased (EU). When bought outside that area the VAT is removed. VAT is 17.5% in Great Britain for DVD's.
Old 11th June 2010, 08:07 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Off topic but does anyone have the link for Rick's site. I like browsing through his art but never remember him site.
It's StunninglySavage.com.
Old 11th June 2010, 10:16 AM
Cultist

Amazing news - well done to everyone. I have to admit that I never thought it would work but I stand corrected. A great, and sensible, decision and now a fully uncut Inferno blu to look forward to. Happy days!

Trampy And The Tramp win Curry Lover(s) of the Year award at the Scottish Curry Awards 2010

www.trampyandthetramp.blogspot.com
Old 11th June 2010, 11:56 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
VAT is 17.5% in Great Britain for DVD's.
Not for long.
Old 11th June 2010, 12:13 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Not for long.
Why, is it going to change? I don't really follow the news so if there has been a big budgetary announcement, I've probably missed it so, please, do tell.

Like this? Share it using the links below!