Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Inferno - The Final Word From The BBFC (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/2995-inferno-final-word-bbfc.html)

Almar@Cult Labs 7th June 2010 12:44 PM

Inferno - The Final Word From The BBFC

Arrow have asked me to pass on their sincere and warmest thanks to everyone on here who took the time to write to the BBFC.

Against expectations we now have the following ruling:

"we've now waived the proposed cut and passed INFERNO '18' uncut with all previous cuts waived" :clap:

How incredible is that? Hats off to the BBFC but also a big thank you to everyone on here who helped get this decision made through carefully worded and considered e-mails to the BBFC - it proves it's worth trying, especially when done with skill, tact and reasoning - the BBFC have responded to that and that's to their credit. :nod:

Inferno will be released on DVD and Blu-ray in the UK fully uncut. Thanks to you. :woot:

Not to spoil the mood but I had to close the previous BBFC ruling thread on here because it was getting very ill-tempered - let's not return to that discussion in any shape or form - rather take the time out to bask in the glory of being... right! ;)

Philleh 7th June 2010 12:50 PM

Ha, who said this would have no effect?!?!?!

Well done to us all! :peace:

MatOfTheDead 7th June 2010 12:51 PM

awesome news

Gojirosan 7th June 2010 12:52 PM

Amazing...just amazing!

:)

darthelvis 7th June 2010 12:52 PM

Congrats this is fantastic news! :clap::woot:

Looking forward to another awesome uncut package!:pop2:

Almar@Cult Labs 7th June 2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 84681)
Ha, who said this would have no effect?!?!?!

Well done to us all! :peace:

Well based on many years of experience this wasn't to be fair to others expected but more importantly it does show that concerted, well-applied reasoning and taking the time to make the case can be worth it. I'm sure anyone who doubted it would work is pleased. :nod:

nekromantik 7th June 2010 12:55 PM

Wow this is awesome!!
The BBFC are improving!!!

Well done to everyone who sent those emails

Almar@Cult Labs 7th June 2010 12:55 PM

Can I ask everyone on here to pass on the link to this thread as far and wide as you can - through other forums, Facebooks, Twitter etc and ask others in turn to spread it on - this is an incredible story and I'd like others to see what you guys pulled off.

Ken 7th June 2010 12:56 PM

Well Done guys, Job VERY Well Done. :woot:

Daemonia 7th June 2010 12:57 PM

Good on the BBFC and to Arrow for asking them to look again. Fantastic news! I'll be emailing the BBFC to thank them for seeing sense!

And who thought our written appeals wouldn't work, eh?