Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Dawn of the Dead DVD (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/3168-arrow-video-dawn-dead-dvd.html)

Almar@Cult Labs 30th June 2010 03:48 PM

Arrow Video - Dawn of the Dead DVD

Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead will be coming out as DVDs on the AV label on 30th August. Expect all the same extras and packaging but of course a touch taller!

So here for instance is the packshot:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...iates/Dawn.jpg

As you know it:) as you love it;) but taller:nod:

P-Mac 30th June 2010 06:05 PM

Thank you Almar and the geniuses behind Arrow :)!

gb52 10th August 2010 07:07 PM

How many disc's is this going to be as Amazon just states one at the moment

Almar@Cult Labs 10th August 2010 07:22 PM

4 glorious discs! that does mean that an amaray won't work so there will be two digi-packs inside which you can rotate and swap around to get the 4 artwork panel options.

Playzocker 18th August 2010 12:40 PM

Goddamnit! Did I already tell you that I HATE you :D

Digipak means that I will have to buy it ... but I already own so many versions of the film.

Moral dilemma - it's good that that's the worst decision I have to face right now. :D

Which cuts of the film are going to be in the DVD box?

P.S.: Is Day also gonna be like that?

Almar@Cult Labs 18th August 2010 12:48 PM

The cuts will be the same and this is absolutely a case of packing in everything resulting in digi packs rather than trying to extract more moolah out of you! ;)

Day will be the same but due to packing in the comic etc the only way it'll work is digi but there will only be two artwork options for that one - simply wasn't possible to do it any other way.

P-Mac 18th August 2010 12:49 PM

Almar, do you know when the competition to win Dawn and Day on DVD ends?

Almar@Cult Labs 18th August 2010 12:56 PM

No - that would be Kyle's deparment.

Playzocker 18th August 2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 97616)
The cuts will be the same and this is absolutely a case of packing in everything resulting in digi packs rather than trying to extract more moolah out of you! ;)

Day will be the same but due to packing in the comic etc the only way it'll work is digi but there will only be two artwork options for that one - simply wasn't possible to do it any other way.

Yup, I saw that one coming ... since Day only has 3 discs you would have to make one digi for 2 dscs and one for just 1 to keep the 4 artworks flowing. Possible, but not ideal.

Are there plans for any more Arrow DVD Digipacks or are the other forthcoming releases just gonna be either 2 cover or 4 cover amarays?

I don't think I can get you to release a digipack Blu-ray box, right? :D

springjack 18th August 2010 07:42 PM

I´m safe to assume that disks 2 and 3 of the blu-ray edition, being dvds, will be a repressing right?

If that´s true then it´s no sale for me because their interlaced...

European Cut:
caps-a-holic.com - DVD Vergleiche - Zombie - Euro Cut

Extended Cut:
caps-a-holic.com - DVD Vergleiche - Zombie - Extended Cut

P-Mac 26th August 2010 12:47 PM

The release dates have been changed according to Amazon and Play. I got an E-Mail from Amazon telling me that they won't be released on 30th August.

vinncent 26th August 2010 01:43 PM

What do you mean Springjack? Why would there be a repressing?

Almar@Cult Labs 26th August 2010 02:22 PM

Packaging problems have now put back the Dawn and Day DVDs - new dates just in:

FCD461 – Dawn: Release date is 20th September

FCD462 – Day: Release date is 13th September

vinncent 26th August 2010 02:26 PM

Ok..sorry. Did not see it said dvd! Thought it was something wrong with the BD release...(wich i just orderd);-)

Almar@Cult Labs 26th August 2010 02:33 PM

Your BD is safe - fear not!

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 26th August 2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-Mac (Post 97618)
Almar, do you know when the competition to win Dawn and Day on DVD ends?

Well, it hasn't begun yet :laugh: It'll probably be up for grabs from the 19th of September and the comp will end on the 26th. :)

springjack 26th August 2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Your BD is safe - fear not!
but on the dvd will the other versions still be interlaced?

P-Mac 2nd September 2010 10:57 AM

I've just won the Dawn/Day of the Dead competition :eek:!!!

Argentofan 2nd September 2010 03:17 PM

Congrats! :D
deffo buying Dawn, would like the argento cut. But I'll probably buy Day too. :D

haz1987 7th March 2011 10:54 PM

i plan on getting this and day of the dead next cant wait

haz1987 12th March 2011 05:01 PM

i plan on getting this on DVD but i can't find any pictures or video's on youtube of the inside and the packaging all i can find are vids of the blu ray does anyone else have the dvd? i hear it's a digipak like day of the dead.

Splatterdragon73 20th March 2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haz1987 (Post 135080)
i plan on getting this on DVD but i can't find any pictures or video's on youtube of the inside and the packaging all i can find are vids of the blu ray does anyone else have the dvd? i hear it's a digipak like day of the dead.

Yeah, Arrow's four-disc Dawn DVD set is a digipack release (with an audio commentary apparently absent from the BR edition.).
But you better get in there quick if you want a copy as Almar mentioned previously that Arrow are soon dispensing with SD versions of titles already available in HD as sales of the DVD variants aren't doing too good compared to the BR equivalents.:)

springjack 20th March 2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 137115)
Yeah, Arrow's four-disc Dawn DVD set is a digipack release (with an audio commentary apparently absent from the BR edition.).

I don´t have the DVD edition but I can´t find any news that mention an exclusive audio commentary.

In this forum, someone from Arrow even mention that the DVD extras are equal to the blu-ray ones.

Where did you get thet info?

haz1987 20th March 2011 03:32 PM

its ok i just bought it along with day of the dead and love them :tongue1:

Bringer Of Funerals 31st March 2011 08:44 AM

I love Dawn, I've watched it so many times and it was the film that got me into horror, so I just had to buy this film.

But i'm going to sound thick here

I watched the Theatrical Cut which was 2hrs, then I watched the Director's Cut straight after the Theat Cut which is 2hrs 20.

I couldn't tell what was new other then a zombie getting his hand trapped in the door.

So can someone tell me what makes the Dir Cut longer please

PaulRobinson 31st March 2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 139837)
I love Dawn, I've watched it so many times and it was the film that got me into horror, so I just had to buy this film.

But i'm going to sound thick here

I watched the Theatrical Cut which was 2hrs, then I watched the Director's Cut straight after the Theat Cut which is 2hrs 20.

I couldn't tell what was new other then a zombie getting his hand trapped in the door.

So can someone tell me what makes the Dir Cut longer please

I know this is Wikipedia but...

Comparison of Dawn of the Dead versions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bringer Of Funerals 31st March 2011 09:34 AM

So it's just the odd extended scene here and there really

Going to watch the Dario Cut later, what does everyone think of this cut

vinncent 31st March 2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 139851)
So it's just the odd extended scene here and there really

Going to watch the Dario Cut later, what does everyone think of this cut

Well...if you couldnt see any diffrence between the TC and the DC wich differs in 20 minutes ,you really won´t see any changes in the Dario cut!

The best cut is the TC in HD!!:-)

Bringer Of Funerals 31st March 2011 10:15 AM

I've heard its more action based and he's cut out the parts that are making the characters more rounded

trench 31st March 2011 11:47 AM

Yeah Dario's version is much quicker paced and is scored by Goblin (some of which was used in the theatrical cut). I guess Dario edited the film to appeal as much to his own sensibilities as the sensibilities of the European cinema-goer it was edited for.

vinncent 31st March 2011 12:45 PM

Here is a good comparison!
Dawn of the Dead (Comparison: Argento-Cut (Euro-Cut) - Romero-Cut (US Theatrical Version)) - Movie-Censorship.com

Splatterdragon73 10th April 2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springjack (Post 137148)
I don´t have the DVD edition but I can´t find any news that mention an exclusive audio commentary.

In this forum, someone from Arrow even mention that the DVD extras are equal to the blu-ray ones.

Where did you get thet info?

I'm positive i read the relevant details somewhere else on this website. I just can't remember which thread it was!

I'm not too sure if the yap track in question is mentioned on the DVD sleeve but it's supposedly there on one of the actual discs.

However, as both my SD and HD copies of Arrow's Dawn are still sealed and yet to be scrutinised by myself i can't say with 100% accuracy the above claim is correct. But i'm convinced i caught the initial info here.:)

springjack 10th April 2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 141864)
I'm not too sure if the yap track in question is mentioned on the DVD sleeve but it's supposedly there on one of the actual discs.

Just read 4 DVD reviews and none of them list an exclusive audio commentary.

kn5150 28th June 2014 05:42 PM

as some of you may know that i update and monitor the arrow wikipedia page by adding all titles and release dates. here it says dawn came out 20sep09 but amazon uk states 1mar10. can i get confirmation on the actual date please.

Bringer Of Funerals 28th June 2014 05:53 PM

1st March 2010

Rik 28th June 2014 06:00 PM

I think it was an HMV exclusive first

DayzeUK 28th June 2014 06:59 PM

The Blu-ray "Dawn of the Dead" was HMV exclusive before it went on general release, not sure about the DVD.

DVD - FindDVD says 20/09/2010
DVD - AmazonUK says 20/09/2010
and the database i use says 20/09/2010.

20/09/2009 was a Sunday so it cant be this date.

As for the Blu-ray...

Blu-ray HMV Exc i get 19/10/2009 backed up by cult labs facebook page.
Blu-ray Non HMV Exc - FindDVD says 01/03/2010 (General release date)
Blu-ray Non HMV Exc - AmazonUK says 01/03/2010 (General release date)

All dates are DD/MM/YYYY.