Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Design Your Own Arrow Video Covers (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/319-design-your-own-arrow-video-covers.html)

gogilston 4th July 2011 04:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i'm working on a screening poster for pieces, what with this fantastic film being released on dvd i thought i would share it

Cap. Vic RobotPants M.D. 4th July 2011 05:10 AM

So many nice designs have been posted since I've been on.

Congratulations on the cover Beyond, I am sure it will lead to many more, and we can't wait to see them.

Cool Ichi cover BioZombie, a whole Miike collection in that style would be nice, my favorites are Zebraman and Happiness of the katakuris.

That's an awesome Pieces poster gogilston, hope to see more from you soon.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th July 2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 162996)
Doing the ITCHY cover for this weeks comp made me want to do a real ICHI cover.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...1982/ichi1.gif

Very nice artwork, BioZombie. I didn't know Lucio Fulci was involved in Takashi Miike's film though! Seriously though, I don't know what that font is as it's one of the things stopping me doing my own mock-up covers.

BioZombie 4th July 2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 163046)
Very nice artwork, BioZombie. I didn't know Lucio Fulci was involved in Takashi Miike's film though! Seriously though, I don't know what that font is as it's one of the things stopping me doing my own mock-up covers.

Ahh, I for got to change the bottom tag :lol:

The best way to find good fonts is to search on google. If you're talking about the font for the film maker name at the bottom I use IMPACT its not exactly right, but it does the job

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th July 2011 09:21 AM

Also, nice Pieces artwork, gogilston. There are some quality covers and posters on this thread -- keep it up folks!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th July 2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 163047)
The best way to find good fonts is to search on google. If you're talking about the font for the film maker name at the bottom I use IMPACT its not exactly right, but it does the job

Thanks for that. One day, you might see something I've done on this thread but I have no idea what title to start with. When I get some free time away from reviewing, I'll try and become artistically creative!

Beyond72 4th July 2011 09:36 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys really appreciate it. :)

The BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRAINS Part on your cover is inspired plasterface! :lol: :clap:

Beyond72 4th July 2011 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gogilston (Post 163020)
i'm working on a screening poster for pieces, what with this fantastic film being released on dvd i thought i would share it

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 163046)

While you're not gonna always find the exact font you want (But you can usually find something similar and mess around with the height and width of the letters) a couple of free fonts sites like Dafont.com have the option to type some words first and have every font spell it out, makes life a lot more easier if like me your knowledge of fonts is limited.
I didn't find the exact font yet but a couple similar to get you started.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th July 2011 11:48 AM

Thanks for that. I'll keep that in mind for future reference.

plasterface 4th July 2011 05:41 PM

great stuff guys

very nice ichi cover biozombie i did'nt even notice the fulci bit , very nice pieces cover gogilston would make a cool t-shirt, thanks for heads up on font sites beyond, keep up the good work:clap: