Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree2641Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd April 2012, 08:33 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman View Post
Great covers Cpt. Morgan! Here's my latest contribution.

Great stuff, as far as I'm concerned there can never be enough obscure 80's slashers given some TLC and released on Blu. : )
Jinx_Barkman and BAKA like this.
Old 23rd April 2012, 08:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

I have this on tape but I've never watched it. I believe BU once had this down for release but it appears to have been cancelled.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 23rd April 2012, 08:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've just checked Pete and BU was supposed to release Joseph Zito's Bloodrage AKA Never Pick Up A Stranger which I vaguely recall watching and enjoying.
Old 24th April 2012, 12:47 AM
Cultist in Training

Jinx, yeah, there seems to be a bit of confusion with the "Bloodrage" by John Grissmer (a slasher film from 83(not released until 87) ) you posted and Zito's film of the same title. IMDB doesn't help matters, the cover for the Vipco release of Zito's film is used as the still for Grissmer's film on IMDB and the page for Zito's doesn't even have a picture!

The Grissmer version has been released on DVD in the US as "Nightmare at Shadow woods" but has quite a bit of violence cut so an uncut Arrow release would be welcome!
As an early effort from Joseph Zito, 'Blood Rage' isn't too bad. I like his movies, It's not his best by a long shot but it couldn't possibly compete with his own "The Prowler" or "Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter" of course. I remember this being pretty grimy and sleazy in tone, with that sort of downbeat "Driller Killer" feel to it, rather than over the top violence.
It'd still be nice to get a decent re-release of this, could finally chuck that awful Vipco effort. Although the BBFC didn't cut the movie, there's talk that Vipco's version was pre-cut.

Regarding "The town that dreaded sundown", is there any definite reason this hasn't shown up yet on disc? Rights issue? With the number of Zodiac/Summer of Sam movies/fans out there, this would probably do pretty well if re-released.
Old 24th April 2012, 01:01 AM
Cultist in Training

Two new Custom efforts from myself.

A modified port to Arrow of my "Lemora" cover which I originally did as a Shameless one. Why this hasn't had a UK release yet is very puzzling. The Synapse DVD release is gorgeous and I'd buy an HD upgrade in a second.

and probably wishful thinking. I first saw "Bug" on late night TV when I was little and it always stuck with me, it's pretty cheesy now but those engineered cockroaches running around, spelling words, setting fire to people and cats obviously left an impression. Certainly not an 18 certificate but it's fun to think the BBFC would get all uptight about it. : )

Last edited by Dissolvedpaul; 24th April 2012 at 01:29 AM.
Old 24th April 2012, 08:55 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

I haven't seen that but, as great artwork should do, that makes me want to see it!
Old 26th April 2012, 12:05 PM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

Sorry about the quality on the second one there, couldn't find a better source for that artwork! I usually only use High-res pictures...
Old 26th April 2012, 05:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It's a shame we haven't had a decent release of The Devil's Honey yet. Would also make for an excellent Arrowdrome release.
Old 26th April 2012, 07:09 PM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

I think it's a great little hidden treasure, I have the italian dvd (and a bad pq asian bootleg release), and it's actually great! I made a "merge" of the two, took the enlish audio from the asian bootleg, and the GREAT anamorphic transfer from the it dvd! ^^
Old 27th April 2012, 12:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just a quick cut and paste job for fun.

Like this? Share it using the links below!