Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Battle Royale - The Archive Conversation (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/3309-arrow-video-battle-royale-archive-conversation.html)

Almar@Cult Labs 22nd July 2010 12:38 PM

Arrow Video - Battle Royale - The Archive Conversation

Arrow Video get excited about all their titles as you can see but they're literally frothing at the mouth with excitement about Kinji Fukasaku's incredible Battle Royale and their plans to bring it to special edition DVD and... Blu-ray. Current release date is looking like 4th October.

Phats 22nd July 2010 12:42 PM

:shocked: Wow. I love this movie but I've never got round to buying it on DVD. First day purchase for me and I can't wait.:woot:

Pete 22nd July 2010 12:47 PM

Great news! Saw this advertised a few weeks back but I thought it was going to be a normal Arrow release. I'm glad it's not :)

Playzocker 22nd July 2010 12:50 PM

Oh god - I love it when I read an announcement and think "no, I already own that one on DVD", then read "and on Blu-ray" and the status of eternal bliss is reinstated.

Thanks so much ... and I hope that your BD will include the Director's Cut (or both versions of the film which would be even better) since the DC really improves the film here...

pedromonkey 22nd July 2010 12:58 PM

Sam@cultlabs told me about this the other day as i'd just finished watching the Tartan special edition, this is very cool news but i hope arrow will do a remastering as the tartan PQ was not great.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 22nd July 2010 01:26 PM

:hail: :hail: :hail: Yet ANOTHER brilliant upcoming release from Arrow. I'm getting more and more excited - any more great news like this and you'll give us all a heart attack! :faint:

BioZombie 22nd July 2010 03:11 PM

The blu ray of this will be a must for me as my DVD seems to have gone missing, probably in another dimension..... :alien:

Almar@Cult Labs 22nd July 2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 93478)
The blu ray of this will be a must for me as my DVD seems to have gone missing, probably in another dimension..... :alien:

I took it so to guarantee at least one Blu-ray sale ;)

the blob 22nd July 2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 89766)
Awwww! I'll be here waiting while my wallet breathes a sigh of relief.. :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 89769)
Don't be so foolish - we will work day and night to extract that money somehow!!! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 85027)
While I'm here, how about a BD of Battle Royale? ;)

I should've kept my mouth shut...

Playzocker 22nd July 2010 04:00 PM

Dear oracle, could you please post

"the only way to get even more money from me if you release Zombi 2 and Nightmare Concert on Blu-ray"

somewhere. Maybe your magic works this time as well :D