Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:38 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Default Arrow Video - Battle Royale - The Archive Conversation

Arrow Video get excited about all their titles as you can see but they're literally frothing at the mouth with excitement about Kinji Fukasaku's incredible Battle Royale and their plans to bring it to special edition DVD and... Blu-ray. Current release date is looking like 4th October.
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:42 PM
Cultist

Wow. I love this movie but I've never got round to buying it on DVD. First day purchase for me and I can't wait.
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Great news! Saw this advertised a few weeks back but I thought it was going to be a normal Arrow release. I'm glad it's not

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:50 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Oh god - I love it when I read an announcement and think "no, I already own that one on DVD", then read "and on Blu-ray" and the status of eternal bliss is reinstated.

Thanks so much ... and I hope that your BD will include the Director's Cut (or both versions of the film which would be even better) since the DC really improves the film here...
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:58 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Sam@cultlabs told me about this the other day as i'd just finished watching the Tartan special edition, this is very cool news but i hope arrow will do a remastering as the tartan PQ was not great.
Old 22nd July 2010, 01:26 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Yet ANOTHER brilliant upcoming release from Arrow. I'm getting more and more excited - any more great news like this and you'll give us all a heart attack!
Old 22nd July 2010, 03:11 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

The blu ray of this will be a must for me as my DVD seems to have gone missing, probably in another dimension.....
Old 22nd July 2010, 03:13 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
The blu ray of this will be a must for me as my DVD seems to have gone missing, probably in another dimension.....
I took it so to guarantee at least one Blu-ray sale
Old 22nd July 2010, 03:49 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Awwww! I'll be here waiting while my wallet breathes a sigh of relief..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Don't be so foolish - we will work day and night to extract that money somehow!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
While I'm here, how about a BD of Battle Royale?

I should've kept my mouth shut...
Old 22nd July 2010, 04:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Dear oracle, could you please post

"the only way to get even more money from me if you release Zombi 2 and Nightmare Concert on Blu-ray"

somewhere. Maybe your magic works this time as well

Like this? Share it using the links below!