Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th August 2010, 03:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Default 42nd Street Memories - documentary needs pics!

Hey folks - I don't know if anyone on here can help but would you guys be so kind as to post this at forums you are members of which may be able to assist?

Basically, we just wrapped up shooting on a documentary on the rise and fall of New York's 42nd Street. It is effectively a group of filmmakers (among them Joe Dante, Frank Henenlotter, Terry Levene and Sam Sherman), distributors, actors and writers - all of them there and part of The Deuce - speaking about the area at the height of its powers.

Was it really dangerous?
Was it really so sleazy?
What were the most popular films?
What were the dirtiest (and the cleanest) cinemas?
Could its destruction have been prevented?
All of this and more is discussed.

We have had some great footage given to us from various movies and collections to use but we want this documentary to be as good and strong as possible.

As such, would anyone here be interested in assisting with images or even film footage? Everyone will be personally accredited and thanked on the film for their efforts and I swear that when this does the festival circuit, if it's in your area, I'll see you get a ticket.

This is a low budget production, done out of love, sweat and tears. I hope you will see this completed, and on the festival circuit, late in 2011 - as our editing gets underwhile. As an aside, no one (repeat: NO ONE) who was filmed for this documentary was NOT a part of 42nd Street. There is no young up-and-coming director or "critic" saying "Oh, from what I hear it was the best" - the only people speaking about 42nd Street in this documentary are those who were THERE.

This documentary represents the results of my own investigation into why the street's legend remains...

So if this may be of interest to anyone and you want to help a great documentary be even better your help would be eternally appreciated. Please spread the word and help us make this - the only documentary done on this landmark street - the final word on the area and its continued appeal!

As always, I can be contacted at calum@highrisingproductions.com
Old 6th August 2010, 07:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Guys, I hate publicising myself but in this case it's for the good of the doc - need to alert people and need to get some more pics and footage so please spread that word - here's the FANGORIA report:

Be part of new grindhouse docu; exclusive pics/comments

(Special thanks to Phill for dropping me a line on this!!! )
Old 6th August 2010, 08:14 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'd help in a heartbeat Calum,but I'm afraid I just don't have what you're looking for.

Come on guys and gals!
There must be some of you on here can supply Calum some images!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th August 2010, 09:33 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

On a little side note, the Fangoria article mentions a new Funhouse special edition from Arrow. I wonder if this is from Arrow films, or Arrow Video?
Old 6th August 2010, 09:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
On a little side note, the Fangoria article mentions a new Funhouse special edition from Arrow. I wonder if this is from Arrow films, or Arrow Video?
It will be Arrow Video, but that's an entire other thread.

Right, we have some good footage for 42nd Street Memories and some stills. Need more so if you're on any other boards please spread the word - hopefully some others can help!

Expect to this one next year some time - we're gonna begin editing soon, but we have hours of footage so it's gonna be a while! And I'm hoping that some of Naomi's animation throughout will give it a Heavy Traffic vibe!
Old 7th August 2010, 03:11 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Posted away....
Old 7th August 2010, 09:17 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

So many members here who don't post. Let's hope some of them see this and can help Calum.
Old 7th August 2010, 11:37 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Would you guys like to see a trailer included on a forthcoming Arrow release?
Old 7th August 2010, 12:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Very much so.

Just like Reaps i'd like to help you here but i'm also fresh out of what you're after.

I can't wait to snap up a copy of the documentary in question though. I'm also glad to hear you've recorded comments and opinions from those filmmaking personnel who were around at the time rather than latecomers jumping on the bandwagon.

Nice to hear about Arrow's upgraded version of TF, too. Another potential purchase there methinks!
Old 7th August 2010, 12:25 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Would we? Of course we would sir.

Like this? Share it using the links below!