Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th October 2010, 04:16 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck View Post
This is a great idea. It'd be good to make sure that people who aren't on here are encouraged to come and have a chat too, so more people can find out about the forum. I felt quite alienated when there was all the talk on the forum pre-event with everyone saying where they were meeting, which pub etc as I didn't know anyone and hadn't been to a GFT event before! Thought I'd found myself on a private thread or something!

As long as newbies are encouraged as much as possible I reckon it'd be a great way to meet new people, network and shoot the breeze about our favourite films!
To be honest, this is new to a lot of us; so it’s very much a learning curve. When I went in March only Pete was there, so it was easier to arrange to meet, this time however there were greater numbers and it’s harder to organise. Now we have hind sight we can organise the next event far more efficiently!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 27th October 2010, 07:56 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthelvis View Post
Following my first viewing of Island of Death on Sunday I think that the Arrow Release needs 2 things, firstly a soundtrack CD included but more importantly a sing-along-a-version so we can sing that annoying song along with the film!

Get the Sword!
http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arro...d-death-5.html

Halfway down this page,courtesy of Pete.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th October 2010, 08:02 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It's a fantastic song imo
Old 27th October 2010, 09:01 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I shouted Mrs Reaps through from the kitchen to hear it-I was told where to go!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 29th October 2010, 07:15 AM
Cult Rookie

Sinister Sunday was a fantastic day in my favorite cinema, an amazing start to the day was the HG lewis documentary.
Then finally seeing Island of death uncut was immense as i had only ever seen the shoddy cut vipco release that i purchased years ago, funny story when i went to buy the movie the guy in missing said to me "yeah mate you'll love it if you like goats" i had absolutely no idea what he meant, or why he was laughing until i got home. What can i say? other than its one of the funniest movies i have ever seen the concept is just so silly, you can really tell that the script was written in a day if not an hour, hands down the best thing about it is the song.Any ways moving on to the next movie expose, in short i thought it was absolutely atrocious it was like watching an episode of eastenders with a crazy switchblade romance type ending tacked on, i'm sorry but i just wasn't into it at all.
Getting to meet the glorious Francesca Ciardi in the flesh was brilliant,she's like a good vintage whiskey she just gets better with age,even though she really wasn't up for answering my question about other scenes they didn't shoot that she didn't want to shoot.
Finally seeing demons on the big screen was the highlight of the night, the film really is a visceral feast for the eye's, Roll on fright fest, also cant wait for the argento night!
Old 29th October 2010, 07:53 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Shonzo View Post
Getting to meet the glorious Francesca Ciardi in the flesh was brilliant,she's like a good vintage whiskey she just gets better with age
I completely agree. She's even more lovely now than she was when she made Cannibal Holocaust.
Old 29th October 2010, 10:34 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

How about Arrow getting the rights to Dellamorte Dellamore and having a screening at the next event and get Michele Soavi and Anna Falchi as guests? Yes I know it would never happen but I can dream!
Old 29th October 2010, 12:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
How about Arrow getting the rights to Dellamorte Dellamore and having a screening at the next event and get Michele Soavi and Anna Falchi as guests? Yes I know it would never happen but I can dream!
No one wants to see the Michele Soavi films get a UK release more than me - maybe worth a thread of its own....
Old 29th October 2010, 12:39 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Glasgow Film Theatre, Sunday Oct 24th: Who will escape this ISLAND OF DEATH?

I believe there are threads for them. Just wishing out loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29th October 2010, 01:20 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Shonzo View Post
Then finally seeing Island of death uncut was immense as i had only ever seen the shoddy cut vipco release that i purchased years ago, funny story when i went to buy the movie the guy in missing said to me "yeah mate you'll love it if you like goats" i had absolutely no idea what he meant, or why he was laughing until i got home!
Aye, plenty of second-hand rejects to be found behind the counter, as well as in the racks. Some right cheeky characters. Don't know if it's the same guy, but one of the staff wanted us to help him track down the uncut version so him and his bird could watch it on Valentine's Day!

Like this? Share it using the links below!