Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th September 2010, 07:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
I often wonder if those pepople have ever seen an exploitation film before. Although, I think if you were new to exploitation you would find it shocking.

The BBFC cut 4 mins from the previous Vipco DVD but I'm sure it'll pass intact this time around.
My flatmate Tim, who has barely seen more than a handful of exploitation titles (as you know), was laughing louder than anyone when we screened it with the Edinburgh B-Team chaps. And Naomi was almost on the floor gasping for breath. It's an utter comedy classic! The song along is pure genius! I'm so psyched to have Niko over for this!!
Old 7th September 2010, 09:15 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Got my hotel booked! I'm going to be coming up on the Saturday so I don't have to worry and rush around on the Sunday! Super-excited now!!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 7th September 2010, 10:53 AM
tarquin

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
The BBFC cut 4 mins from the previous Vipco DVD but I'm sure it'll pass intact this time around.
According to Marc Morris on the IOD thread on here..........

Quote:
We considered this title earlier this year, but after making some enquiries to the BBFC were advised it would still require serious cutting so we passed on it.
Old 7th September 2010, 12:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarquin View Post
Right now it's a case of "wait and see". Did you join solely to go through another thread and post this here then?
Old 7th September 2010, 12:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

He or She just joined to correct me

A few years back the bbfc apparently said Night Train Murders would require heavy cuts and then when it was submitted it was passed uncut. Even if the BBFC did cut IoD, the cuts would be very, very minimal.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Last edited by Pete; 7th September 2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 7th September 2010, 12:37 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The only thing that deserves cutting from IOD are the flared trousers, they're huge!!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 7th September 2010, 02:05 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarquin View Post
We'll have to see - Night Train Murders is a good example and plenty thought Inferno would get cut but we'll have to see - if no risks are taken nothing changes!
Old 7th September 2010, 02:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Deep Red too (which I think will meet a snip at the censor's behest). I did chuckle in Cannes when someone told me A Serbian Film would not meet any BBFC problems

I don't personally think IOD will be cut: it's clearly a hilarious movie and hardly disturbing.

I never thought Night Train Murders would get through certainly - that's got some pretty nasty imagery.
Old 7th September 2010, 04:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Anyway... let's talk about the films shall we? We want you guys to know exactly what you are getting for your hard earned cash... such as one of the top screen sex symbols LIVE AND IN PERSON!

Interestingly, this whole event is going to have a bit of a video nasty vibe to it (not intentional at the outset but let's just go with the flow....) which will include the UK premiere of the EXPOSE remake (now re-titled STALKER) with star Jane March in person....

Yes, you can ask the gorgeous Miss March (see what I did?) all about her new fear flick, taking on Bruce Willis in Colour of Night and the controversy that surrounded The Lover back in the day.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg expose.jpg (98.5 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Calum; 7th September 2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 7th September 2010, 04:42 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Wow, I didn't know the re-make was in the can! Sweet! And I recently watched Colour of Night for the first time, nice addition!

Welcome to The Deuce

Like this? Share it using the links below!