Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Glasgow Film Theatre, Sunday Oct 24th: Who will escape this ISLAND OF DEATH? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/3523-glasgow-film-theatre-sunday-oct-24th-who-will-escape-island-death.html)

Calum 3rd September 2010 05:18 PM

Glasgow Film Theatre, Sunday Oct 24th: Who will escape this ISLAND OF DEATH?

So as you may have heard, we're returning to the Glasgow Film Theatre on Sunday Oct 24th for a not-quite-Halloween-yet horror special.

Four films (but not back-to-back so you'll have time for drinks/ food and not miss a thing), including two UK premieres, and some yet to be announced guests.

Let's confirm movie number one though - a special, pre-DVD release screening of ISLAND OF DEATH with Greek exploitation legend Nico Mastorakis in attendance for an audience Q and A!

Three more titles and more guests to be confirmed so bear with us. In the meantime, feel free to discuss possible questions for Mr. Mastorakis! ;)

As you will all have noticed these events have been growing a wee bit, slowly but surely, and as long as we keep selling them out (so far each has done just this) it bodes well for further expansion :)

Philleh 3rd September 2010 05:32 PM

Mega-exciting stuff! Interested in what the premier's will be!

I can't wait to hear his stories about overcoming that low-low budget! Such as having to take a part in the film because an actor wanted too much money... around about $80 was deemed too much! Ha ha.

By the way, will it span Saturday and Sunday if all goes to plan? Need to arrange hotel and flights! :cool:

Calum 3rd September 2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 100047)
Mega-exciting stuff! Interested in what the premier's will be!

I can't wait to hear his stories about overcoming that low-low budget! Such as having to take a part in the film because an actor wanted too much money... around about $80 was deemed too much! Ha ha.

By the way, will it span Saturday and Sunday if all goes to plan? Need to arrange hotel and flights! :cool:

Nope, just Sunday. Expect a 12.30 or 1pm start.

We're also offering an aftershow party but space is gonna be limited to about 40 so basically if you want your name down (plus one or whatever) just email me calum@highrisingproductions.com and then come say hello on the day and we'll tell you where it is. With any luck we'll have a DJ and some other coolness. Phil (plus girlfriend), Loops, Steve, Reaper (plus wife), Dan, Darth etc - you're already on the list so no need to contact me on this!

Philleh 3rd September 2010 05:52 PM

Excellent, got the Monday booked off so ready to rock! :woot:

This is going to be a blast.

Pete 3rd September 2010 05:53 PM

It's gonna skin me this but it's well worth it.

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd September 2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calum (Post 100048)
Nope, just Sunday. Expect a 12.30 or 1pm start.

We're also offering an aftershow party but space is gonna be limited to about 40 so basically if you want your name down (plus one or whatever) just email me calum@highrisingproductions.com and then come say hello on the day and we'll tell you where it is. With any luck we'll have a DJ and some other coolness. Phil (plus girlfriend), Loops, Steve, Reaper (plus wife), Dan, Darth etc - you're already on the list so no need to contact me on this!

Cool. Looking forward to it. I have a feeling it's going to be an amazing night (and day).

One question for the people traveling from afar to attend, where do you usually stay when you come. Trying to find out the best places to stay in Glasgow.

Pete 3rd September 2010 08:00 PM

I usually stay at the Buchanan Hotel. It's cheap and is only a short distance from the GFT.

Glasgow Central Hotels from LateRooms

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd September 2010 08:07 PM

Cheers loops. I'll have a look at that.

sam-glasgore 4th September 2010 09:15 AM

Go to this!!!!!

I went to the last Arrow screening at the GFT and it was excellent! Great films and guests and very well organised!

Get there now!!!!!

Calum 4th September 2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam-glasgore (Post 100122)
I went to the last Arrow screening at the GFT and it was excellent! Great films and guests and very well organised!

Get there now!!!!!

This one has also been our toughest to organise! Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end. Niko seems like a great, hilarious guy judging by my emails with him so thinking Island of Death will be a hoot on the big screen.