Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree31Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12th January 2012, 08:17 PM
Nordicdusk's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Default

Thats just amazing the Demons movies have a special place in my heart from when i seen them first as a kid on the sly of course ha ha. Im getting these for sure thank you so so much for bringing these out.
Stef Hutchinson and Rassilon like this.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12th January 2012, 08:19 PM
Gojirosan's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Liverpool, UK
Default

You can only wish demonic ill on someone who reckons Motley Crue were better than Billy Idol...
Stef Hutchinson likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 27th January 2012, 03:33 PM
Stef Hutchinson's Avatar
Cultist in Training
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Great Northwest!
Default

I'm so glad that these are finally coming out. Hopefully you'll enjoy the tale we've come up with!

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 16th March 2012, 12:28 PM
Active Cultist
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cyprus!!
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Will the comic come with the steelbook?
__________________
http://c.mymovies.dk/dtollick
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 16th March 2012, 02:17 PM
Cultist
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ireland
Default

Looking forward to this

Surely the last panel should read "... included exclusively in the DVD and Blu-Ray releases..."

But that is the case, right?
Stef Hutchinson likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 16th March 2012, 05:24 PM
Stef Hutchinson's Avatar
Cultist in Training
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Great Northwest!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tollickd View Post
Will the comic come with the steelbook?
Sadly, no. The two-part comic will only come with the single releases. A shame, but completely out of my grubby hands.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobz View Post
Looking forward to this

Surely the last panel should read "... included exclusively in the DVD and Blu-Ray releases..."

But that is the case, right?
Yes it is. When we made this preview, there were only plans for a DVD, but it will definitely be in both DVD and Blu-Ray releases (except ze steelbook).

Arrow print the comic books on really nice paper too. I was really happy with how Battle Royale: Parent's Day came out, so I'll be happy to get physical copies in my hands. Been seeing them on-screen for about 18 months now!
Bobz likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 16th March 2012, 09:16 PM
Rassilon's Avatar
Ex-Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef Hutchinson View Post
Also, if anyone is interested, I actually wrote an article for GeekWeek about the comic - well, specifically about the approach to writing it and some specifics as to what the story itself is about. You can check it out at the following link:

DEMONS 3 - Adding to the Mythology of a Cult Film - GeekWeek



Thanks! I'm actually way happier with this than 'Day'. That being said, it's very different in tone, so it's always interesting to see how people will respond to it!
Have you always enjoyed the demons movies Stef. Did you always enjoy horror before getting into drawing these comics, or was it comic writing first and then you stumbled into this. Either way I like your work and look forward to seeing more...perhaps a House comic book one day...the steve miner one, not the tv show.
Stef Hutchinson likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 17th March 2012, 01:39 PM
Stef Hutchinson's Avatar
Cultist in Training
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Great Northwest!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chad View Post
Have you always enjoyed the demons movies Stef. Did you always enjoy horror before getting into drawing these comics, or was it comic writing first and then you stumbled into this. Either way I like your work and look forward to seeing more...perhaps a House comic book one day...the steve miner one, not the tv show.
Honestly, 'Demons' was one of the films I'd missed along the way. I recognised the building they used straight away though, because I stayed in Berlin several years ago, literally round the corner from it. So that was nice to see.

I've always been into both horror and comics (although the 90s pushed me away from comics a bit) and I'm happy every time I get a chance to write either! I hope I get chance to write more of these tie-ins, but that's down to Arrow. That being said, I should hopefully have my own original stuff out soon enough. Fingers crossed!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 17th March 2012, 02:07 PM
Rassilon's Avatar
Ex-Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef Hutchinson View Post
Honestly, 'Demons' was one of the films I'd missed along the way. I recognised the building they used straight away though, because I stayed in Berlin several years ago, literally round the corner from it. So that was nice to see.

I've always been into both horror and comics (although the 90s pushed me away from comics a bit) and I'm happy every time I get a chance to write either! I hope I get chance to write more of these tie-ins, but that's down to Arrow. That being said, I should hopefully have my own original stuff out soon enough. Fingers crossed!
Demons was one of the first horrors that had a real impact on me. Nice to see it getting the atenttion it deserves. I can't wait to read the comics. Do you have a website for your original stuff, and is it horror related? Can't see why Arrow won't use comics in future considering the praise they get.
Stef Hutchinson and Steel76 like this.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 17th March 2012, 05:11 PM
Stef Hutchinson's Avatar
Cultist in Training
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Great Northwest!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chad View Post
Demons was one of the first horrors that had a real impact on me. Nice to see it getting the atenttion it deserves. I can't wait to read the comics. Do you have a website for your original stuff, and is it horror related? Can't see why Arrow won't use comics in future considering the praise they get.
I think they're wary of doing more because there's no way of telling if the comic book influences a purchase. Look at the Demons steelbook release, for example. Even though that doesn't come with the comics, lots of people will purchase those instead, sadly. So I guess if people want more comics, they'll need to make a bit of noise about it!

I do have a website coming, eventually, over at this place - but I'm waiting on a friend who is helping me with some graphics (I may be able to write, but I can't draw anything at all).

Most importantly, thanks for the support. It's always nice to know that somebody likes the stuff.
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.