Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th January 2012, 09:17 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Thats just amazing the Demons movies have a special place in my heart from when i seen them first as a kid on the sly of course ha ha. Im getting these for sure thank you so so much for bringing these out.
Stef Hutchinson and Rassilon like this.
Old 12th January 2012, 09:19 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

You can only wish demonic ill on someone who reckons Motley Crue were better than Billy Idol...
Stef Hutchinson likes this.
Old 27th January 2012, 04:33 PM
Cultist in Training

I'm so glad that these are finally coming out. Hopefully you'll enjoy the tale we've come up with!

Old 16th March 2012, 01:28 PM
Active Cultist

Will the comic come with the steelbook?
Old 16th March 2012, 03:17 PM
Cultist

Looking forward to this

Surely the last panel should read "... included exclusively in the DVD and Blu-Ray releases..."

But that is the case, right?
Old 16th March 2012, 06:24 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by tollickd View Post
Will the comic come with the steelbook?
Sadly, no. The two-part comic will only come with the single releases. A shame, but completely out of my grubby hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobz View Post
Looking forward to this

Surely the last panel should read "... included exclusively in the DVD and Blu-Ray releases..."

But that is the case, right?
Yes it is. When we made this preview, there were only plans for a DVD, but it will definitely be in both DVD and Blu-Ray releases (except ze steelbook).

Arrow print the comic books on really nice paper too. I was really happy with how Battle Royale: Parent's Day came out, so I'll be happy to get physical copies in my hands. Been seeing them on-screen for about 18 months now!
Bobz likes this.
Old 16th March 2012, 10:16 PM
Ex-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef Hutchinson View Post
Also, if anyone is interested, I actually wrote an article for GeekWeek about the comic - well, specifically about the approach to writing it and some specifics as to what the story itself is about. You can check it out at the following link:

DEMONS 3 - Adding to the Mythology of a Cult Film - GeekWeek

Thanks! I'm actually way happier with this than 'Day'. That being said, it's very different in tone, so it's always interesting to see how people will respond to it!
Have you always enjoyed the demons movies Stef. Did you always enjoy horror before getting into drawing these comics, or was it comic writing first and then you stumbled into this. Either way I like your work and look forward to seeing more...perhaps a House comic book one day...the steve miner one, not the tv show.
Old 17th March 2012, 02:39 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chad View Post
Have you always enjoyed the demons movies Stef. Did you always enjoy horror before getting into drawing these comics, or was it comic writing first and then you stumbled into this. Either way I like your work and look forward to seeing more...perhaps a House comic book one day...the steve miner one, not the tv show.
Honestly, 'Demons' was one of the films I'd missed along the way. I recognised the building they used straight away though, because I stayed in Berlin several years ago, literally round the corner from it. So that was nice to see.

I've always been into both horror and comics (although the 90s pushed me away from comics a bit) and I'm happy every time I get a chance to write either! I hope I get chance to write more of these tie-ins, but that's down to Arrow. That being said, I should hopefully have my own original stuff out soon enough. Fingers crossed!
Old 17th March 2012, 03:07 PM
Ex-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef Hutchinson View Post
Honestly, 'Demons' was one of the films I'd missed along the way. I recognised the building they used straight away though, because I stayed in Berlin several years ago, literally round the corner from it. So that was nice to see.

I've always been into both horror and comics (although the 90s pushed me away from comics a bit) and I'm happy every time I get a chance to write either! I hope I get chance to write more of these tie-ins, but that's down to Arrow. That being said, I should hopefully have my own original stuff out soon enough. Fingers crossed!
Demons was one of the first horrors that had a real impact on me. Nice to see it getting the atenttion it deserves. I can't wait to read the comics. Do you have a website for your original stuff, and is it horror related? Can't see why Arrow won't use comics in future considering the praise they get.
Stef Hutchinson and Steel76 like this.
Old 17th March 2012, 06:11 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chad View Post
Demons was one of the first horrors that had a real impact on me. Nice to see it getting the atenttion it deserves. I can't wait to read the comics. Do you have a website for your original stuff, and is it horror related? Can't see why Arrow won't use comics in future considering the praise they get.
I think they're wary of doing more because there's no way of telling if the comic book influences a purchase. Look at the Demons steelbook release, for example. Even though that doesn't come with the comics, lots of people will purchase those instead, sadly. So I guess if people want more comics, they'll need to make a bit of noise about it!

I do have a website coming, eventually, over at this place - but I'm waiting on a friend who is helping me with some graphics (I may be able to write, but I can't draw anything at all).

Most importantly, thanks for the support. It's always nice to know that somebody likes the stuff.

Like this? Share it using the links below!