All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th October 2010, 11:48 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
There were scenes where the image didn't look so great. Still enjoyed it though.
yep, still enjoyed it loads but was expecting it to be flawless. It's just my customer opinion and I'll be a little more wary when it comes to future releases.

After reading the previous post by Vinncent, surely the whole point to re-releasing these gems is to improve the overall quality and give us something worth buying - irrespective of which label puts it out.
Old 14th October 2010, 12:46 PM
Cultist

I'm sure there was a very good reason why Inferno was slightly cropped. Please can someone on Cult Labs pass this on to the relevant dept for a reply as it should then kill all the speculation and perhaps they could also explain the processes and difficulties of bringing a film like Inferno to BD which would be enlightening I think!

thexperiment podcasts
Old 14th October 2010, 01:32 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockatansky View Post
After reading the previous post by Vinncent, surely the whole point to re-releasing these gems is to improve the overall quality and give us something worth buying - irrespective of which label puts it out.
Yes of course....have you ever seen this film in better condition then this? I think not! And if you really think that a movie like this would be flawless you should think again! Not many movies today are flawless on BD...maybe new hollywoodfilms!
Old 14th October 2010, 02:10 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinncent View Post
Yes of course....have you ever seen this film in better condition then this? I think not! And if you really think that a movie like this would be flawless you should think again! Not many movies today are flawless on BD...maybe new hollywoodfilms!
I expressed my disappointment due to my high expectations fueled by this forum. Maybe buying HD BR versions are therefore somewhat of a lottery. I surely will be 'thinking again' before clicking BUY NOW. Thanks for making it clearer for me.
Old 14th October 2010, 02:41 PM
Cultist

No problem...they way you wrote in this forum i thougt maybe you knew a little about BD but now i know! Nice to be of help to people!
Old 14th October 2010, 03:07 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinncent View Post
Yes of course....have you ever seen this film in better condition then this? I think not!
But really this doesn't say a heck of a lot. Yes, the Arrow blu is better than every other homevideo release in most areas, but that's not the point really. The point is, it doesn't look as good as it could look. And I'm not talking flawless here, I'm talking about a film-like image - which it totally lacks. People seem to be in total awe because it looks better than they've ever seen before, but that doesn't mean it could look even better, much better in the case of 'Inferno' - the CO cap gives a very hopeful indication of improvement. I watched the Exorcist BD yesterday and was completely blown away by it, without a doubt one of the nicest looking BD's I've ever seen, with a very lovely texture and depth in the image, because it has tons of grain.
Old 14th October 2010, 03:16 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nika View Post
But really this doesn't say a heck of a lot. Yes, the Arrow blu is better than every other homevideo release in most areas, but that's not the point really. The point is, it doesn't look as good as it could look. And I'm not talking flawless here, I'm talking about a film-like image - which it totally lacks. People seem to be in total awe because it looks better than they've ever seen before, but that doesn't mean it could look even better, much better in the case of 'Inferno' - the CO cap gives a very hopeful indication of improvement. I watched the Exorcist BD yesterday and was completely blown away by it, without a doubt one of the nicest looking BD's I've ever seen, with a very lovely texture and depth in the image, because it has tons of grain.
....hence my expectation
Old 14th October 2010, 03:55 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockatansky View Post
....hence my expectation
Which seems to be totally justified. Here are some more comparisons between the Arrow and Camera Obscura:

HORROR INFERNAL / INFERNO - Dario Argento : Horror - Seite 9

Images are not in HD, but it does give a good indication of the differences, meaning the CO has far more grain and hence more texture, depth and detail than the Arrow. Just look at the last cap, the blue ground under the shoe on the left - the Arrow shows nothing more than a blurry mass, while the CO shows wonderful texture because of the grain. The differences are especially noticeable when you save the jpegs on the computer and watch them back to back with Photo viewer or some other application.
Old 14th October 2010, 03:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

CO's version may look slightly better but the Arrow version is far from a blurry mess.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 14th October 2010, 04:02 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
CO's version may look slightly better but the Arrow version is far from a blurry mess.
Well, I wrote mass, not mess.

Like this? Share it using the links below!