Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th September 2010, 04:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Judging by some of the comments recently about certain artwork on some of the Arrow releases out now and due out shortly, I personally think Arrow should seriously stick to putting out the releases with original artwork as the main sleeve.

The original artwork for all these films carries some nostalgic clout in my eyes.

I mean, if the original artwork wasn't so appealling, then why would there be so many dedicated books out displaying it in such gory glory?

Old 20th September 2010, 04:55 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

The thing is whenever there's a swerve to more traditional fan artwork sales drop...
Old 20th September 2010, 04:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
The thing is whenever there's a swerve to more traditional fan artwork sales drop...
Is that because of some of the older DVD releases of "nasties" where they have been butchered and normally VHS ports Almar?

Interesting to hear that though.
Old 20th September 2010, 04:59 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

No it's simply that over time - we had this with Shameless - fans want traditional, these start getting used and then sales start to dwindle away from the days when fans hated the artwork - it's a tough one but hence why more options have been brought in so you get the good sales and fans who can choose the artwork they prefer - because it's important they're happy too.
Old 20th September 2010, 05:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I really don't doubt it is a fine line Almar between pleasing the fans and maximum sales.

A tough call whatever way you go mate.

Old 20th September 2010, 05:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

When Arrow recieved Island, did it come with the director interview? I only ask because it features on almost every other release (including the Vipco dvd) and I always wondered if it came as part of the deal.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 20th September 2010, 05:48 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I really hope to get more nasty artwork like Two Evil Eyes and Inferno in the future as that's just awesome compared to mor boring-looking stuff like the Dead-movies (yeah, I did just say that) or Tenebre, for that matter.

But I'm REALLY happy the film passed uncut, so there will be no hesitation whether I'll get it or not.
Old 20th September 2010, 06:27 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Great news. I'll be grabbing this - DVD or Blu-ray, either will do me (but a BD would be brilliant).

I'm surprised that Nucleus turned this down based on advice from the BBFC. Whoever advised Nucleus is obviously pretty clueless and lost them a good title. Remind me, if I ever start a DVD label, not to seek any advice from the BBFC.
Old 20th September 2010, 06:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
When Arrow recieved Island, did it come with the director interview? I only ask because it features on almost every other release (including the Vipco dvd) and I always wondered if it came as part of the deal.
Yes.
Old 20th September 2010, 06:47 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Fantastic news this!

Everyone all together now-sing that barmy themesong!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!