Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th September 2010, 04:19 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Great news.
Old 20th September 2010, 04:25 PM
Cultist in Training

Didn't Nucleus turn it down because they were advised it would receive heavy cuts? I bet they're kicking themselves now.
Old 20th September 2010, 04:29 PM
Cultist

I'd like to see an English (or US) theatrical trailer to this one included. Only trailer I've seen to this anywhere is on the German DVD, under the title "Die Teuflischen Von Mykonos", so an English language trailer would be excellent, or even a differant trailer to the German one.

Also, I notice the US and Greek remastered DVDs which came out in 2000 had a differant intro to some of the old VHS releases. The DVD had newly generated titles with an accompanying song, some of the old VHS releases had the titles displayed to the sound of a camera shutters making a "clicking" noise. Perhaps, depending on which print you use, you could the other intro as an extra?

Maybe you could dig up the people who played Chris and Celia (and maybe the farting farmer) for interviews?
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Realm-...43030832454357
Old 20th September 2010, 04:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by killernun41 View Post
Didn't Nucleus turn it down because they were advised it would receive heavy cuts? I bet they're kicking themselves now.
Someone on the GFT thread said just this, leading Loops and myself to maintain that we didn't think cuts were likely...
Old 20th September 2010, 04:33 PM
Cultist in Training

Send a message via MSN to truckturner Send a message via Yahoo to truckturner Send a message via Skype™ to truckturner

This decision has only been made so we can forget about the censorship on A Serbian Film and the I Spit On Your Grave (Remake).
Old 20th September 2010, 04:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

That really is great news ... Arrow showing their clout again! Well done.

However, this is one title that won't be gracing my shelves guys. What tripe! I am sure it will be a huge seller though for you ... another notorious title from the heydays!!!

Old 20th September 2010, 04:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckturner View Post
This decision has only been made so we can forget about the censorship on A Serbian Film and the I Spit On Your Grave (Remake).
Good. I'd rather have an uncut version of Island of Death than A Serbian Film.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Last edited by Pete; 20th September 2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 20th September 2010, 04:41 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

This is an intensely popular title amongst pre cert video collectors, and also a very valuable one commanding prices upwards of £300 these days for a good looking one - and closer on £500 for a minter with an unfaded, untrimmed sleeve.

I'd love to see this get the Arrow Royal treatment - a la Martin, COTLD etc - and please, please, please get the pre cert artwork in there!

I don't suppose there's any chance of a Hi Def transfer is there? A Blu Ray of this would be awesome as standard DVD versions have been available in the States and Europe for a number of years.
Old 20th September 2010, 04:44 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandya View Post
This is an intensely popular title amongst pre cert video collectors, and also a very valuable one commanding prices upwards of £300 these days for a good looking one - and closer on £500 for a minter with an unfaded, untrimmed sleeve.

I'd love to see this get the Arrow Royal treatment - a la Martin, COTLD etc - and please, please, please get the pre cert artwork in there!

I don't suppose there's any chance of a Hi Def transfer is there? A Blu Ray of this would be awesome as standard DVD versions have been available in the States and Europe for a number of years.
Not sure yet what the materials situation is on this one.
Old 20th September 2010, 04:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
That really is great news ... Arrow showing their clout again! Well done.

However, this is one title that won't be gracing my shelves guys. What tripe! I am sure it will be a huge seller though for you ... another notorious title from the heydays!!!

We have some really fun extras planned mate - so hang on til you see them!

Like this? Share it using the links below!