Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

View Poll Results: Which of these solutions would be the most palatable to you?
Cutting the image of the lizard altogether 12 25.00%
Some digital 'fuzziness' 30 62.50%
A still image for the three seconds 6 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th September 2010, 07:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Speaking of "alternate versions" ... how about a service for everyone living OUTSIDE the UK (ie the jurisdiction of the BBFC) to return their disc and get the uncensored version - or just showing a proof or purchase and then Arrow sends the disc to them. Something you could also think about for the two notorious Shameless titles.

Cause to be honest: I don't live in the UK so I don't really understand why I should have to suffer from a UK political decision - and in the end, this IS a political matter. 8)
Old 24th September 2010, 07:12 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
Speaking of "alternate versions" ... how about a service for everyone living OUTSIDE the UK (ie the jurisdiction of the BBFC) to return their disc and get the uncensored version - or just showing a proof or purchase and then Arrow sends the disc to them. Something you could also think about for the two notorious Shameless titles.

Cause to be honest: I don't live in the UK so I don't really understand why I should have to suffer from a UK political decision - and in the end, this IS a political matter. 8)
Nice try!
Old 24th September 2010, 10:21 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philleh View Post
Everytime I go to HMV and ask for a US Import they tell me to f*ck off!
Sounds like a reasonable reply to anyone who walks into a UK shop to ask for a US disc
Old 24th September 2010, 10:31 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtom View Post
Sounds like a reasonable reply to anyone who walks into a UK shop to ask for a US disc
Unfortunately that reasonable reply would be countered by my reasonable reply of my fist smashing into the HMV employees nose!
Old 25th September 2010, 12:31 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
Unfortunately that reasonable reply would be countered by my reasonable reply of my fist smashing into the HMV employees nose!
Old 25th September 2010, 03:14 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
Which unfortunately some of them need!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 26th September 2010, 11:45 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:

What makes this issue a political matter?
Old 26th September 2010, 12:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I don't know much about UK policits but in Germany, age restriction and rating decisions are political only - the German FSK doesn't make the law, they just follow it. Which led me to believe that if you want to change something, going to the BBFC won't get you far. You need to find the source of all evil, and that lies with the politicians.
Old 26th September 2010, 01:21 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Which led me to believe that if you want to change something, going to the BBFC won't get you far.
I don't know, INFERNO had it's cut waived as a result of people writing to them and asking for a reconsideration. So in that case going to the BBFC did get a result.

Old 26th September 2010, 01:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist

But the mails only changed the interpretation of the law for one single case and not the law itself.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!