Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th January 2011, 11:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
Okay,so it's not the hardcore version submitted.
We don't want to turn this into another censorship yawnfest so please!

If these are indeed the covers,then they look great!
As far as I can ascertain Reaper, we are on topic. I mean we are actually discussing the Arrow release of Bare Behind Bars are we not? And why is it a yawnfest, in your opinion? Was it a yawnfest when the controversy over the proposed BBFC cuts to Inferno sparked so much forum debate? Forums are for discussion. Some opinions you may agree with, whilst others you may well not; but then social discourse is all about differing opinions.

I'm afraid that I'm just not the type to toe the party line, as it were. Arrow have released some great DVDs, but not all of them are above criticism (the botched aspect ratio of a Claude Chabrol film that I can't remember the name of springs to mind in that regard). I would hate to be censored when censorship is the very thing that we're discussing. Mind you, I would appreciate the irony!

Yes, the covers are very attractive; not to mention sleazy. I use the word sleazy there in an entirely positive context! Up with the sleaze!
Old 5th January 2011, 11:30 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
As far as I can ascertain Reaper, we are on topic. I mean we are actually discussing the Arrow release of Bare Behind Bars are we not?
Agreed.
Old 5th January 2011, 11:37 PM
Ex-member

Default Arrow Video - Bare Behind Bars

Quote:
As far as I can ascertain Reaper, we are on topic. I mean we are actually discussing the Arrow release of Bare Behind Bars are we not? And why is it a yawnfest, in your opinion? Was it a yawnfest when the controversy over the proposed BBFC cuts to Inferno sparked so much forum debate? Forums are for discussion. Some opinions you may agree with, whilst others you may well not; but then social discourse is all about differing opinions.

I'm afraid that I'm just not the type to toe the party line, as it were. Arrow have released some great DVDs, but not all of them are above criticism (the botched aspect ratio of a Claude Chabrol film that I can't remember the name of springs to mind in that regard). I would hate to be censored when censorship is the very thing that we're discussing. Mind you, I would appreciate the irony!

Yes, the covers are very attractive; not to mention sleazy. I use the word sleazy there in an entirely positive context! Up with the sleaze!
Good comment!
Old 6th January 2011, 12:42 AM
Cult Rookie

The Blue Underground (NTSC) DVD has a runtime of 94 minutes, right? That'd place a PAL transfer at about 91 minutes, unless it was from an NTSC source. Did Arrow really pre-cut the film, or simply request that the BBFC do whatever they felt was necessary to get an 18?

Or is "Pre-cut" the word for this situation? I always figured it meant the distributor removed the questionable footage before submitting the title at all...
Old 6th January 2011, 11:46 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercrack View Post
Yes. Even Island of Death got through even though it contains a Pissing scene, but Arrow Video Decided to PRE-CUT this film (ie Take out the Hardcore stuff).
I have to stress that people need to be careful about how they phrase things. To say that "Arrow Video Decided to PRE-CUT this film" is simply not true.

Arrow have released this statement:

"People are saying we ‘pre-cut’ the film – this is not the case and this is something we would never do. We submitted the full uncut film and the BBFC advised a series of minimal cuts in order for us to get an 18 rating which we did in order to get it through"

End of story. If people don't wish to buy the film cut that is of course their privilege and their right but Arrow have to go by BBFC decisions, they work hard to challenge them where there's potential grounds for doing so and to not release the film would be commercial suicide.
Old 6th January 2011, 12:29 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
I have to stress that people need to be careful about how they phrase things. To say that "Arrow Video Decided to PRE-CUT this film" is simply not true.

"People are saying we ‘pre-cut’ the film – this is not the case and this is something we would never do. We submitted the full uncut film and the BBFC advised a series of minimal cuts in order for us to get an 18 rating which we did in order to get it through"

End of story. If people don't wish to buy the film cut that is of course their privilege and their right but Arrow have to go by BBFC decisions, they work hard to challenge them where there's potential grounds for doing so and to not release the film would be commercial suicide.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 6th January 2011, 04:00 PM
Ex-member

Hardcore content is really not my thing if it's your thing then there are plenty of movies you can have a whack to...if the hardcore is that important to you go for the BU release & don't by the Arrow...pretty simple really!
Old 6th January 2011, 05:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbarr View Post
Hardcore content is really not my thing if it's your thing then there are plenty of movies you can have a whack to...if the hardcore is that important to you go for the BU release & don't by the Arrow...pretty simple really!
Your rather crass comment fails to deal with the point in hand (there is a joke in there somewhere...). There are many of us who can't stand the idea of a film being cut, because it is something that, in most cases, the director would never have approved.
Old 6th January 2011, 05:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post

I am always honest, and can admit when I've made a mistake. I was under the impression that the film had been pre-cut. Upon reading the statement issued by Arrow, and upon checking the BBFC database, it seems that the film was not pre-cut at all.

I believe the misunderstanding occurred due to the fact that since Shameless pre-cut both Satan's Baby Doll and The Beast In Space, I assumed, in conjunction with comments that I read in this thread, that Bare Behind Bars had suffered a similar fate.
Old 6th January 2011, 07:57 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
I've had this one on the Blue Underground label for ages and I still haven't watched it all the way through. It is most definitely sleazy though!
Why on earth would you constantly go on about the BBFC cuts to the Arrow release if you already have the title?

Like this? Share it using the links below!