Old 7th October 2010, 09:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercrack View Post
Which Label Almar
I get the impression Almar's talking about Shameless mate

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 7th October 2010, 09:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
Don't worry, it's not because I don't wanna see that "filth" or anything like that ... it's just that I have yet to see a move made by those guys that doesn't suck. And by that, I mean a movie that's not absolutely boring, dull, uninspired ... oh, did I say boring yet?

I mean, Absurd's terrible, Sadomania was a pain to sit through and ... okay, I haven't seen many of those guys' output, maybe there are some good movies underneath the pile of ... well, not so good ones
I don't think you should judge Uncle Jess on the basis of Sadomania. I'm not sure there are many Franco fans who would claim that is one of his better efforts. For me if you are looking to sample the superior aspects of his output you should check out films such as A Virgin Among the Living Dead, Vampyros Lesbos, Venus in Furs and Succubus.
Old 7th October 2010, 09:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philleh View Post
Haha, great choice and a welcome title to the UK market. If they rejected the hardcore in Beast in Space and Satan's Baby Doll; this doesn't stand a chance! Especially one scene!

Looking forward to seeing what they think though!
As far as I'm aware the BBFC didn't cut either of those two. I believe Shameless submitted pre-cut versions of both titles with the hardcore scenes removed.
Old 8th October 2010, 10:38 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
As far as I'm aware the BBFC didn't cut either of those two. I believe Shameless submitted pre-cut versions of both titles with the hardcore scenes removed.
Oh right, I just thought with the added material from the hardcore version the BBFC snipped out the filth.

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 8th October 2010, 11:21 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

To be honest I wish they'd left the hardcore in. Maybe the BBFC would have surprised us.
Old 8th October 2010, 11:40 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'm not sure man, they always bang on about justifiable context when it comes to hardcore... and in straight exploitation titles like these, there's none of it! Ha.

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 8th October 2010, 11:47 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

But it would have been interesting to see what they did with it. Now, because the material was pre-cut, we will never know.
Old 8th October 2010, 04:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
I don't think you should judge Uncle Jess on the basis of Sadomania. I'm not sure there are many Franco fans who would claim that is one of his better efforts. For me if you are looking to sample the superior aspects of his output you should check out films such as A Virgin Among the Living Dead, Vampyros Lesbos, Venus in Furs and Succubus.
Since I stocked up on Shameless titles, I will be able to watch at least Venus in Furs in a short while.
Quote:
There are 2 versions of BEAST IN SPACE with exactly the same run time, one has XXX material and the other one replaces it with softcore alternate takes.
Old 8th October 2010, 04:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Shameless Venus in Furs is a different film directed by Massimo Dallamano.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 8th October 2010, 05:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
Since I stocked up on Shameless titles, I will be able to watch at least Venus in Furs in a short while.

There are 2 versions of BEAST IN SPACE with exactly the same run time, one has XXX material and the other one replaces it with softcore alternate takes.
As Pete has said, Shameless released the Dallamano film as opposed to the one by Franco; which is also known as Paroxismus.

I believe that Shameless had access to a master which contained the hardcore sequences. A little bit of the hardcore was left in, from what I recall, whilst the majority of it was pre-cut. As such this differs from both the softcore and the hardcore versions available from Severin.

Like this? Share it using the links below!