Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st December 2010, 12:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I agree, not Arrows best BD.
Not sure if I should cancel my order now.
Same thing.
Old 1st December 2010, 01:43 PM
Seasoned Cultist

PQ differentials between a BD and a DVD can often be worlds away from each other. I am looking forward to seeing reviews of the actual BD itself. When a BD of a title like Deep Red is available, DVDs no longer interest me frankly.
Old 1st December 2010, 04:46 PM
Cultist

Same goes for me, I only hope it looks less waxy, poor Helga looks like she's been airbrushed to death.
Old 1st December 2010, 05:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nika View Post
Same goes for me, I only hope it looks less waxy, poor Helga looks like she's been airbrushed to death.
Maybe an homage to Karate Kid...

WAX ON, WAX OFF!!!

WAX ON (Arrow)
WAX OFF (Anchor Bay / Blue Underground)
Old 1st December 2010, 05:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Nekro,

It's only the Arrow dvd version that has been currently reviewed on Beaver - not the Blu.
That is not an excuse...

I think Almar is right when he says that people should no judge the quality of the print by images. A moving picture is always different.

But I think the comment by Nemesis is not the right one because I believe he´s trying to put people to rest that the Blu will be better.

I too want the Blu to be better but you sould not put DVD down...
DVD is still the favorite medium to many people.

There are great DVD´s with great image.
If the Blu turns out to be far better then why not the DVD be also great.

I believe this is the same master for both editions and, as I said before, judging the quality of a movie by some pictures can sometime be deceiving.

I´m not saying notting fawlty about DVD BEAVER but let´s just think that probably the images were captures with the wrong setting...

Once again, let me just say that all written above are just supositions and not direct remarks to no one.
Old 1st December 2010, 05:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
That is not an excuse...

I think Almar is right when he says that people should no judge the quality of the print by images. A moving picture is always different.

But I think the comment by Nemesis is not the right one because I believe he´s trying to put people to rest that the Blu will be better.

I too want the Blu to be better but you sould not put DVD down...
DVD is still the favorite medium to many people.

There are great DVD´s with great image.
If the Blu turns out to be far better then why not the DVD be also great.

I believe this is the same master for both editions and, as I said before, judging the quality of a movie by some pictures can sometime be deceiving.

I´m not saying notting fawlty about DVD BEAVER but let´s just think that probably the images were captures with the wrong setting...

Once again, let me just say that all written above are just supositions and not direct remarks to no one.
Springjack, let me clarify -

I was not trying to diss dvd as a format in any way and let me apologise if I gave that impression.

Nekromantik believed that the Beaver caps belonged to the Blu and he was basing his decision to buy on those caps; I was merely pointing out that all we had seen so far were the caps for the dvd. I was not trying to imply that "it's dvd - who cares?".

As to your point about judging by screencaps and Beaver's compression issues, I totally agree - you only have to recently look at the latest dispute over Peeping Tom on blu. It helps to have a whole variety of reviews upon which to judge the release.
Old 1st December 2010, 07:00 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
Maybe an homage to Karate Kid...

WAX ON, WAX OFF!!!

WAX ON (Arrow)
WAX OFF (Anchor Bay / Blue Underground)
lol. good one
Old 1st December 2010, 07:39 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Interestingly Beaver themselves have not filled out the whole report card?
I'm not sure what to think of this one yet (based on the dvd caps provided),but dvdbeaver is not really going to influence me with a few screencaps and a very short review,I would like some more info.
It's not the first time I disagree with one of their reviews after watching a disc.

I'll wait for other reviews to pop up.

Last edited by bdc; 1st December 2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 1st December 2010, 09:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Springjack, let me clarify -

I was not trying to diss dvd as a format in any way and let me apologise if I gave that impression.

Nekromantik believed that the Beaver caps belonged to the Blu and he was basing his decision to buy on those caps; I was merely pointing out that all we had seen so far were the caps for the dvd. I was not trying to imply that "it's dvd - who cares?".

As to your point about judging by screencaps and Beaver's compression issues, I totally agree - you only have to recently look at the latest dispute over Peeping Tom on blu. It helps to have a whole variety of reviews upon which to judge the release.
Sorry if I took it the wrong way.
Old 2nd December 2010, 09:22 AM
Cult Rookie

03 Jan 2011 is the new date?

Like this? Share it using the links below!