Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th January 2011, 09:54 PM
Ex-member

After watching a second time (as the first was inebriated!) the subtitles are out of sync (on the director's cut)...subs pop up before characters speak...this is really bloody annoying & has put me off watching the film again (as I tried to do tonight with a friend over who hadn't seen the film before - he mentioned it too)...so it looks as if this version is only worth keeping for the English dub then? as I would imagine the headache for Arrow to recall...whoever done the subs need to go & re-learn I've done better fan subs...don't get me wrong the translation is great it's the timings that are off
Old 11th January 2011, 06:39 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I'm currently displaying Rick's artwork (now who would have thought? ).
Me too.

I'm not actually hugely keen on any of the other covers. It's a shame Arrow couldn't have included one of the Japanese cover variants as an alternative panel. I wonder whether our artwork poll results were considered when the covers were chosen?

I know the US art (panel 2) received a lot of votes, but the French artwork, which ended up as panel 3 only received 6 votes!
Old 11th January 2011, 07:27 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I don't really have a problem with the timing of the subs,not the first time subs appear slightly before dialog I think?
Old 12th January 2011, 11:49 PM
Cult Rookie

Man, mine is taking forever to get here. I had it preordered for ever on Amazon UK. I received a shipping notice on 12/31 and I still haven't received it here in Florida.
Amazon UK is usually much quicker than this. Hopefully, it's due to all the snow the northeast has been getting lately.
Old 13th January 2011, 04:48 PM
Cult Rookie

Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread.....

I watched the English Theatrical cut today.

Has anyone noticed there is an issue with part of the soundtrack being in Italian?

When David Hemmings is scrapping the plaster away to reveal the painting at night, the landlord comes with his daughter to get him.

The landlord shouts up in Italian and David Hemmings replies in Italian. This scene on the English language version of the director's cut, has the dialog in English!!

It's a bit of a big mistake to make. As the English dub of this dialog was available.
Old 13th January 2011, 05:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
No post in Scotland today.

All lying pissed somewhere......

What's the verdict Nekro?
sorry for the delay ha ha
not watched it all but it looks alright
not sure if it can look any better however.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 13th January 2011, 10:24 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarPot View Post
Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread.....

I watched the English Theatrical cut today.

Has anyone noticed there is an issue with part of the soundtrack being in Italian?

When David Hemmings is scrapping the plaster away to reveal the painting at night, the landlord comes with his daughter to get him.

The landlord shouts up in Italian and David Hemmings replies in Italian. This scene on the English language version of the director's cut, has the dialog in English!!

It's a bit of a big mistake to make. As the English dub of this dialog was available.
Just had a look at the disc and It's really odd. I wonder what the reason is. As you say, the same scene in the longer version is available in English.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14th January 2011, 12:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

I just finished the longer cut and the PQ was decent, yes it can be improved but it was not that bad. I did however notice at the end that there was some ghosting, you can make it on on male charcters heads where you see the top of someones head again.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 14th January 2011, 10:07 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I did however notice at the end that there was some ghosting, you can make it on on male charcters heads where you see the top of someones head again.
Nek!
I think that's a problem with the print & not Arrow's transfer it happens twice...not terribly off-putting but still there..there is a lot when the film looks fantastic & the couple of bits were it doesn't is not that jarring (IMO)
Old 14th January 2011, 10:16 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbarr View Post
Nek!
I think that's a problem with the print & not Arrow's transfer it happens twice...not terribly off-putting but still there..there is a lot when the film looks fantastic & the couple of bits were it doesn't is not that jarring (IMO)
ah ok
I not seen this before so dont know what its meant to look like

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Like this? Share it using the links below!