Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th December 2010, 09:29 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Yes,it's not the whole film.
The export version (with dialog scenes shot in English) is not censored,what makes you think that?

The new Arrow release contains both the Italian and English versions btw.
Old 18th December 2010, 11:15 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I live in Austria, so my primary market for movies and games is Germany ... and "German version" is a synonym for "unwatchable, cut to shreds piece-of-shit"

US versions of IT films are sometimes censored as well. I know a nice R-rated cut of Tenebre.
Old 19th December 2010, 07:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Maybe some readers should take heed to these comments!

Old 19th December 2010, 09:06 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
I live in Austria, so my primary market for movies and games is Germany ... and "German version" is a synonym for "unwatchable, cut to shreds piece-of-shit"

US versions of IT films are sometimes censored as well. I know a nice R-rated cut of Tenebre.
Ah yes,I see what you mean.
The export version offered here by Arrow is complete (and uncut) and apart from some dialog scenes there's no difference with the Italian version I'd say.
Sometimes Italian and export versions of a film can be very different.
Old 19th December 2010, 09:43 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Some people are ridiculously petty! Be thankful they are available for God's sake!

How about going back to virtually unwatchable bootleg VHS versions?

Well said and i agree.

I'm just glad that a company such as Arrow is taking time and making effort to give these vintage horror outings some loooonnnng overdue care and attention on British shores.

I'm definitely not disappointed with the label's recent output so far and i'm confident ABOB will be no exception.
Old 19th December 2010, 10:36 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Well, let's just put it like that. Compared to HD standards set by recent blockbusters, films like ABOB can only look "awful". But, and here's the mistake many people tend to make, you always need to compare a transfer to it's possibilities and source materials. As long as no new master surfaces, this BD will probably be the best, ABOB will ever look. That certainly doesn't make the transfer pretty, but it's definitely better than a SD DVD and does it's source justice. That's what I expect from movies like that and to date Arrow hasn't disappointed me.

Only issue sometimes can be DNR which Arrow should learn to avoid like a foaming wild animal.
Old 19th December 2010, 01:25 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

For those who are put off by this release you can always pick up the Film2000 release!

Sure it's cut and not in HD, but the colours will look like you remember them from the VHS days i'm sure.

Or you can always wait for another company to run such a great risk on such a niche title, such as this, but I have a feeling that may take some time. Bava doesn't tend to shift units like Chris Nolan or James Cameron (so who ever thought that Arrow would loose thousands of sales is truly kidding themselves).

Any way, I can't wait till Christmas so I can finally watch it!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 19th December 2010, 01:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Tee Hee Philleh!!

Old 19th December 2010, 01:49 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philleh View Post
For those who are put off by this release you can always pick up the Film2000 release! Sure it's cut and not in HD, but the colours will look like you remember them from the VHS days i'm sure.
Ordered! (joking of course!)
Old 19th December 2010, 11:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Now just have a look at this new bd review of Synapse's Vampire Circus...
Anything you notice when comparing caps?
Vampire Circus Blu-ray - Adrienne Corri

Just thought this would be interesting as there's been much discussion about the caps of Bay...
Apples and oranges, though, Bruno. The colors are still well represented in the bd of VC. It is darker, but it looks accurate. The caps (yes, I know they're only caps) of BoB show the colors drained away from past versions many of us are used to. VC looks great, in fact. I'm sure the Arrow bd is highly detailed and still looks excellent -- but the colors are drained away from it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!