Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Battle Royale LE - The Reviews (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/4019-arrow-video-battle-royale-le-reviews.html)

Gojirosan 11th December 2010 07:56 PM

Mine has shipped from Amazon.

Stadanko 11th December 2010 09:27 PM

Mine was dispatched from amazon aswell. I got my copy of COTLD thursday on release week. Since I'm in america, hoping for the same results.

brain dead 11th December 2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stadanko (Post 116543)
Mine was dispatched from amazon aswell. I got my copy of COTLD thursday on release week. Since I'm in america, hoping for the same results.

Last week amazon were advising that international shipping may take a couple of days longer than usual due to airport delays 'cause of snow. I know that I'm waiting at least a couple of days longer for something I ordered last week (it's been the usual 6/7 days as of today.)

Phantom 11th December 2010 11:39 PM

Yep, Amazon just shipped mine too! :woot:

Now just waiting for "A Bay of Blood" & "Deep Red". :p

nekromantik 11th December 2010 11:55 PM

il be suprised if the US version will have a huge improvement unless they have a new master.

Stadanko 12th December 2010 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brain dead (Post 116545)
Last week amazon were advising that international shipping may take a couple of days longer than usual due to airport delays 'cause of snow. I know that I'm waiting at least a couple of days longer for something I ordered last week (it's been the usual 6/7 days as of today.)

Yeah... it does say on my order after christmas but that's what christmas miracles are for.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th December 2010 06:22 PM

My review at Film 365 can be found here. If you can't tell from the review, I loved it and can't wait to get my hands on the finished product which, fingers crossed, will arrive tomorrow.

brain dead 12th December 2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stadanko (Post 116564)
Yeah... it does say on my order after christmas but that's what christmas miracles are for.

That's true :lol:

springjack 13th December 2010 02:49 AM

Don´t know if the DVD Beaver review has already been posted:

Battle Royale Blu-ray - Kinji Fukasaku

Jinx_Barkman 13th December 2010 03:05 AM

Mine has shipped from Amazon as well! Really looking forward to seeing this one.

Yobbie 13th December 2010 10:00 AM

Just got back from HMV Hounslow and picked up the DVD set for £19.99. They had 3 out on the shelves in their World Cinema section. It's £6 more than the online price but in my eyes it's worth double that! I then went across to CEX and exchanged my bare-bones Tartan release for a £4 voucher. Well pleased! :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th December 2010 09:27 PM

Recieved my Ltd Ed. today.

Bloody hell-what a package!:eek:

the blob 13th December 2010 09:56 PM

Mine finally shipped from Amazon! That was the killer about the delayed release date for me as now I have to wait a couple of months to even see what it looks like. :(

Rhodes 13th December 2010 10:11 PM

i've been molesting my copy all day, it's an obscenely lavish release up there with the bladerunner 5 disc tin. it's on my shelf now beaming at me, nestled between my other kinji fukasaku discs. mmmmm. :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th December 2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 116863)
Recieved my Ltd Ed. today.

Bloody hell-what a package!:eek:

Same here -- Arrow really have pulled out all the stops and this is a release to treasure. I didn't realise the art cards and booklets/comic book would come in their own sleeve so it looks as if there are five discs in the slipcase.

Without question, one of the best releases of the year.

Ashy 14th December 2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 116890)
Without question, one of the best releases of the year.

Completely agree. Just got mine this morning and the packaging is awesome, I had a quick look at the discs and the picture quality on the blu-rays blows my old Tartan dvd out the water, much impressed. I wonder if the limited edition has nearly all gone as the number on my certificate was 9,898/10,000?

DaveSimonH 14th December 2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashy (Post 116924)
Completely agree. Just got mine this morning and the packaging is awesome, I had a quick look at the discs and the picture quality on the blu-rays blows my old Tartan dvd out the water, much impressed. I wonder if the limited edition has nearly all gone as the number on my certificate was 9,898/10,000?

Doubt it, I don't think each store that have it will be sending it out by LE numbering ;)
I can't see the stock lasting too much longer though, especially with international orders.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th December 2010 01:32 PM

My Blu-ray set is numbered #6894 and I imagine they are scattered in stores throughout the country and in the myriad online retailers so it probably isn't too late to buy one.

Sam@Cult Labs 14th December 2010 02:52 PM

I gathered some of the reviews for the DVD/BR HERE

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...nes1/batt4.jpg

"God Bless Battle Royale"

says A DOG ATE MY WOOKIE and I second that emotion.

James Morton 14th December 2010 09:40 PM

Arrow Video - Battle Royale LE - The Reviews

Just received my BATTLE ROYALE LTD ED with 5 slim disc cases
And what I saw briefly on the films, they are an improvement on my old Tartan steelcase 2xdisc spe ed.
Hope to see one of my fave Jap films some time soon.....

nekromantik 14th December 2010 10:35 PM

sadly I cant check my number till this weekend!!

prawnee 15th December 2010 08:35 AM

Just received my boxset. Wow just wow. When the box slammed on my door mat I thought hmv had made a mistake. The thing is huge!

Eeeper 15th December 2010 09:32 AM

Just got my boxset today! Thanks so much for putting such an awesome package! I can't wait to watch this tonight!

Nefarious 15th December 2010 10:12 AM

Same here. Number #9338. Along with my Phantasm sphere, this is the coolest thing in my collection. Well done, Arrow.

antmumford 15th December 2010 11:15 AM

Hopefully mine will be waiting for me when I get home but I know how big it is so don't get how it's managed to get through peoples letterboxes :s

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th December 2010 11:33 AM

Some of you guys must have enormous letter boxes as the package that arrived today (yes, I have two of them) is in a box at least 2 inches thick!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th December 2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 117098)
Some of you guys must have enormous letter boxes as the package that arrived today (yes, I have two of them) is in a box at least 2 inches thick!

Mine was in an even bigger box, as Bay of Blood was in with it! :eek:

DeHumph 15th December 2010 11:45 AM

Looking forward to receiving my copy, post service in my area is getting slower and slower. Dispatched last Wednesday :mmph:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th December 2010 08:05 PM

Waiting is such an awful thing when you're expecting something really special. It's probably even worse when you know it's something awful on the horizon but I really hate waiting for DVDs or BDs to arrive when it has been about a week since they were shipped.

Believe me though, it is definitely worth the wait and all of the hype is fully justified.

Splatterdragon73 19th December 2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 117192)
Waiting is such an awful thing when you're expecting something really special. It's probably even worse when you know it's something awful on the horizon but I really hate waiting for DVDs or BDs to arrive when it has been about a week since they were shipped.

I know the feeling as my two BR DVD copies came fine last Saturday while i'm still waiting for my two HD editions to arrive and they were posted last Thursday!:mmph:

The DVD set is one fantastic piece of packaging and a truly almighty release but overall i'll also feel much more relieved once the relevant Blu-Ray equivalents have turned up.

It's funny, but my DVD and BR orders of ABOB were sent to me earlier last week and arrived fine on Friday gone!

Baseball Fury 20th December 2010 11:31 AM

My BD copy finally arrived on Saturday, after pre-ordering from HMV. First time I've had someting late, so I'll blame the weather! What a beauty! I've got number 3017 (I think). All in all, it's pretty special, but I was a little disappointed with the comic, just because I was expecting something in the style of the manga. Still a beast of a special edition though, especially for £14.99. Still waiting for ABOB though!

nekromantik 20th December 2010 12:04 PM

Just got mine today!!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th December 2010 05:22 PM

I opened mine on Saturday.
A lot of work has gone into this-an awesome package!
I'm gonna watch it tonight.:nod:

A ncie touch was the Ltd Ed certificate!:cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 28th December 2010 12:41 PM

Four stars for both film and extras in Total Film! :cool:

Mainstream fame at last eh?

Splatterdragon73 29th December 2010 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 117727)
My BD copy finally arrived on Saturday, after pre-ordering from HMV. Still a beast of a special edition though, especially for £14.99.

Imagine my complete relief when my two BR HD copies finally arrived earlier last week and i agree, a true powerhouse of a package for the price.:nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th December 2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 118646)
Four stars for both film and extras in Total Film! :cool:

Mainstream fame at last eh?

Excellent news -- hopefully this will mean more crossover fans for Battle Royale and other upcoming Arrow releases.

Mentasm 2nd January 2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam@Cult Labs (Post 116953)
I gathered some of the reviews for the DVD/BR HERE

The DVDActive review link is broken on that page.

Stef Hutchinson 6th January 2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 117727)
My BD copy finally arrived on Saturday, after pre-ordering from HMV. First time I've had someting late, so I'll blame the weather! What a beauty! I've got number 3017 (I think). All in all, it's pretty special, but I was a little disappointed with the comic, just because I was expecting something in the style of the manga. Still a beast of a special edition though, especially for £14.99. Still waiting for ABOB though!

We actually went with the visual style we did to avoid comparisons with the manga. The manga is a different continuity to the film, so to differentiate we went with a look specifically to tie it in with the film itself.

wtfFILM 13th January 2011 07:46 PM

After waiting over a month for this one to arrive, it finally has and I've posted a full review at Wtf-Film dot Com - not that my post count is high enough as yet to share the link to it here. It's a great package all around, and the shear mass of it (3/4 of a kilo in weight) was unexpected.

wtfFILM 14th January 2011 04:36 PM

And it seems I've hit the post threshold (took me long enough), so here's a link to the Wtf-Film review of the LE BD: Battle Royale » Wtf-Film.com