Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th February 2011, 12:50 PM
Cult Rookie

I tried to watch the edited version last night for the first time but just couldn't do it. Having always watched the director's cut - I couldn't help but feel the editing was off and scenes missing and it took me out of the movie so I just put the director's cut in.

While it was enjoyable - there is definitely room for improvement and I hope BU delivers. I didn't like the yellow tint to the film and sometimes it looks too bright, almost washed out - I hope Arrow's releases of Phenomena and Tenebrae look more like Inferno than this release. My copy didn't have the glitch problem between Carlo and Marc but I think that's been confirmed as a firmware problem. I did notice a lot of digital noise in the red curtains behind the psychic. Some scenes leaped off the screen though with clarity and I even noticed one scene that was not in the Anchor Bay US DVD release. It was the scene when Gianna and Marc are driving to the Blue Bar and there's a man riding his bike through the streets with an Italy flag.

Last edited by suspirium; 9th February 2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10th February 2011, 03:55 PM
Active Cultist

I thought this one looked very good. In the past viewings, I always thought there was a bit of faking out going on concerning the "painting" just after the first murder. But watching this version, it's clear to see what's going on.
Old 21st March 2011, 08:49 PM
Cult Rookie

I have finally started catching up with my Dvd and Blu Ray viewing gotta say I was impressed with The quality of Deep Red on Blu Ray slight niggles but it looked way better than I ever thought it would excellent package all round I would say.
Old 21st June 2011, 05:43 PM
Cultist

Finally got to look at my BD copy last night and must say i am very pleased with the pic quality...and i am screening it on 117"!! The sound is another issue though...i really wanted to have the english sound but everytime it switched from Italian to English the picture jumps...very weird. Using the italian sound it all worked great!
Old 21st June 2011, 09:57 PM
Ex-member

Default Deep Red

Yes DEEP RED is a very good blu ray except for minor mistakes like no Eng subs in a scene on the Directors Cut
And of course this isn't the first mistake (or the last) according to other dvds.......
Come on Arrow your'e an excellent company that release great films on sp. ed. dvds/blu rays but like THE BEYOND and one of my fave giallos THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE (you should never of agreed with the dumb ratio, oh by the way the BLUE UNDERGROUND is not as grainy as some think....check reviews!) these errors are annoying
Hope you don't **** up with TENEBRE!
Old 21st June 2011, 10:57 PM
Ex-member

As I've said before (dronedronedrone) the subtitle timing issue is a MAJOR f*ck up...I can't watch the movie with these imperfections that spoil the WHOLE experience...this SHOULD have been recalled (I've done better fan-subs)...If anyone says it's not an issue?...they need glasses..and if you think it's OK & put up with it?... more fool you....subs on a foreign language film are very important...I've since bought the BU release (which has no issues with subs)...though I can't "resell" this (without a big loss) as people are aware of the imperfections...Arrow are turning out to be not "Masters" of anything other than embarrassing & shoddy product
Old 21st June 2011, 11:15 PM
Ex-member

Default Deep Red - The Reviews

Well said
I didn't know about the loss of Eng subs until I saw the SEEP RED directors cut
These ARE important to films fans especially me being a hardcore Argento fan
and as I said the issue with the opening of THE BEYOND and the dumb ratio of CRYSTAL PLUMAGE
Arrow are doing well overall and I praise them but they do need to sort their films out before releasing them!
Old 8th February 2012, 01:19 AM
Cult Rookie

Default International cut Audio Drop at 16.50

Can anyone confirm the audio drops at 16.50 on international version for a few seconds as hes lifting the Psychic from window till the young man appears, the Directors version has sound just wondering if the international is meant to be like this, or its my disc
Old 2nd May 2012, 11:03 AM
Cult Addict

See now this is one Arrow blu i was planning to order any day now until i read quite a few negative reviews on amazon. I'm a little concerned to find negative comments seem to be the order of the day on here too. What to do what to do?
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:57 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
See now this is one Arrow blu i was planning to order any day now until i read quite a few negative reviews on amazon. I'm a little concerned to find negative comments seem to be the order of the day on here too. What to do what to do?
Some of the 'reviews' on Amazon should be taken with a large pinch of salt as they can be read before the item has been released and by people with an agenda.

I think the release is excellent – Deep Red Blu-ray Review | Film 365

Like this? Share it using the links below!