Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th February 2011, 04:59 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Thanks Almar. I'm sure Arrow will come through for us once again.
Well they'd like to - just these old films aren't easy.
Old 4th February 2011, 05:01 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Demons is my most anticipated Arrow release, but I'm happy to wait so they can get it right.
Old 9th February 2011, 08:23 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Had an e-mail this morning from Amazon to notify me that the proposed release date for Demons 2 has been postponed until May 9th (as expected really, considering Demons has been also postponed).

Looking forward to both releases, but am glad Arrow are trying to hunt down the best possible materials for these.
Old 10th February 2011, 03:50 PM
Cult Rookie

Arrow will this film ever be released?
Old 10th February 2011, 04:24 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny114 View Post
Arrow will this film ever be released?
I'm sure Arrow are scouring the earth as we speak to find a print of the film they're happy with. Sometimes these things can take time. I know they'll be doing there best to try and bring it to us.
Old 10th February 2011, 10:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Ok, so getting back to this issue of finding quality materials for the DEMONS movies...

No negs, internegs, interpositives, etc., etc., etc... -- they don't exist? At all? A popular cult movie that's not even 30 years old has no original materials located anywhere?
Old 10th February 2011, 10:31 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
Ok, so getting back to this issue of finding quality materials for the DEMONS movies...

No negs, internegs, interpositives, etc., etc., etc... -- they don't exist? At all? A popular cult movie that's not even 30 years old has no original materials located anywhere?
I think it comes down to the quality of the materials, rather than the actual materials themselves.

I may be wrong, but I think it was mentioned earlier on in the thread that Arrow were not happy with the materials for Demons. Plus, it has been mentioned (numerous times now), that they are searching for a print they're happy with.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that if something is worth doing; it's worth doing right. I'd rather wait for a decent release of this cult classic rather than Arrow rush out a poor quality print for the sake of a quick sale.
Old 10th February 2011, 10:32 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

They didn't say there were no original materials anywhere, just that they haven't found anything yet that they're happy releasing.
Old 10th February 2011, 10:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Ok, so it seems original materials exist, but to use them money would have to spent to restore them. Is that more accurate? I'd think whichever Italian & Germany companies own the rights wouldn't mind splitting costs a bit to get this done correctly (and for longterm preservation).
Old 10th February 2011, 11:10 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Ok, so it seems original materials exist, but to use them money would have to spent to restore them. Is that more accurate? I'd think whichever Italian & Germany companies own the rights wouldn't mind splitting costs a bit to get this done correctly (and for longterm preservation).
True. The same was done with City Of The Living Dead. Maybe something could be worked out with another company with the same terms. Split the cost of the restoration, Arrow release it in the UK, and the other company release it in their country. Peraps that way, we may even see a blu-ray.

Like this? Share it using the links below!