Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Phenomena - How You Discovered It (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/4526-phenomena-how-you-discovered.html)

Bringer Of Funerals 18th March 2011 05:25 PM

lol, yep I will - just bought THE BEYOND today so im going to check it out 2night but can't wait for Sunday

mr 420 18th March 2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 136758)
lol, yep I will - just bought THE BEYOND today so im going to check it out 2night but can't wait for Sunday

Have you not seen that either? You will LOVE The Beyond. One of Fulci's very best IMO.

ZigZagZombie 18th March 2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 136758)

Just got mine through the post yesterday but it's one of the faulty ones sadly (was kinda expecting this to be the case so not too disappointed though). Was still tempted to watch it tonight but I think I'm gonna hold off till the replacement disc arrives.

Still plenty of extras to be enjoying in the meantime though I suppose :)

And yup, Phenomena's great too. Crazier than a box of frogs, but that's how we like em eh? ;) Watched the Blu Ray earlier this week and was generally very impressed with the job Arrow have done. Very jealous you get to watch it for the first time in HD btw Bringer ;)

Bringer Of Funerals 18th March 2011 05:57 PM

I had THE BEYOND as the VIPCO version for yrs - since 2002. I sold it today and replaced it with the ARROW edition of the film.... today

phsyco butcher 20th March 2011 01:27 PM

Phenomena

First saw this on a 20 film dox set called the ultimate shockfest released by firecake. Like all the other films in the collection it was cut to hell but I liked it straight away. The soundtrack particularly is awsome and played no small part in my fondness for the film, but thats for another thread i s'pose.

Well done Arrow:clap:

Daemonia 20th March 2011 01:34 PM

I first saw this in the late 80's on VHS as the truncated Creepers, but still really enjoyed it nonetheless. I didn't view it again until 1999 when I picked up the Anchor Bay US DVD and saw it as intended. Now I need to get this new Blu-ray. :)

Bringer Of Funerals 21st March 2011 01:06 PM

I just bought it yesterday, so when I watch it, that will be the 1st time I have ever seen the film

Griff 23rd March 2011 11:05 PM

Well let's see I must've been about 9-10 I think..:shocked:

But I get my sick taste in horror from my old man and once upon a crime when there was this advanced technology called 'video', the old man had a Palace rental video of 'creepers' and from a young age I always used to piss around with his collection to his horror and this particular one was one I played arund with the most...eventually I ended up owning my own video which was a seel through copy on the palace 'horror' label....but who would've known 13 years later I would have a super duper blu ray WITH the original rental case as alternative art? :clap:

tstrong299 20th April 2011 05:25 PM

I remember renting Sleepaway Camp 2 and 3 from my local video store without seeing the first. Well, I absolutely loved them, and I started the hunt for the original (mind you, this was before internet ordering). After I found it, they rented out 5 tapes for 5 dollars for 5 nights, so I got it, Bloody Birthday, Demonic Toys, The Hatchet Murders, and Creepers. The "pool" scene haunted me until I asked about it on IMDB (The horror board is so awesome!) so I bought the Anchor Bay disc, and then ordered the Arrow blu as soon as it was released.

thelostclassics 8th September 2011 02:34 PM

First saw Creepers in the mid 90s, now I could be wrong but I'm almost certain it was shown as a Frightday night horror on the BBC. Same way I saw Phantasm and The Fog.
Years later I got the '5 films by Dario Argento' R1 steelbook set from Amazon and then watched it on the big screen during last year's Horrorthon in the IFI, Dublin. Got to meet Sergio Stivaletti afterwards, was great.