Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Phenomena -The DVD and BD Specs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/4531-phenomena-dvd-bd-specs.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th February 2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie Dude (Post 129383)
So does this include the shorter version of the film as well as the longer Italian print?

The version on the disc runs at 1:55:30 and you have the option of English or Italian audio with a different subtitle track from each. Depending on what you mean by the 'shorter version' will depend on the run time so just compare that to the ones you have on DVD or have read about online.

Zombie Dude 19th February 2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 129410)
The version on the disc runs at 1:55:30 and you have the option of English or Italian audio with a different subtitle track from each. Depending on what you mean by the 'shorter version' will depend on the run time so just compare that to the ones you have on DVD or have read about online.

So it's one version of the film with two different audio tracks? I'm just asking because I know the version I own doesn't have any Italian spoken scenes with subtitles and instead is English all the way through.

springjack 19th February 2011 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie Dude (Post 129578)
So it's one version of the film with two different audio tracks? I'm just asking because I know the version I own doesn't have any Italian spoken scenes with subtitles and instead is English all the way through.

The english track presented here will have some Italian spoken scenes because it´s the longer Italian print.

The Anchor Bay version is a "Director's Version" shorter cut. This cut was made by Argento himself and the difference to the "Integral Version" longer cut is some extra dialogue scenes and a few bits of scene extensions. Those extra scenes are the ones that were never dubbed in english. I believe is about 4 or 5 minutes long.

Zombie Dude 19th February 2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springjack (Post 129594)
The english track presented here will have some Italian spoken scenes because it´s the longer Italian print.

The Anchor Bay version is a "Director's Version" shorter cut. This cut was made by Argento himself and the difference to the "Integral Version" longer cut is some extra dialogue scenes and a few bits of scene extensions. Those extra scenes are the ones that were never dubbed in english. I believe is about 4 or 5 minutes long.

So I take it that this edition isn't going to have that Director's Version included then?

Thanks for the info Springjack.

springjack 20th February 2011 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie Dude (Post 129598)
So I take it that this edition isn't going to have that Director's Version included then?

Thanks for the info Springjack.

No, this version will only have the Italian one.
You don´t need the Director's Version because the Italian version has all the things that are in the Director's Version plus some scenes extensions and extra bits of dialogue.

Zombie Dude 20th February 2011 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springjack (Post 129609)
No, this version will only have the Italian one.
You don´t need the Director's Version because the Italian version has all the things that are in the Director's Version plus some scenes extensions and extra bits of dialogue.

Ah well it doesn't matter anyway as I have the Director's Version on dvd. I'll be picking this up for the blu.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th February 2011 11:20 AM

On the menu screen, you have the choice of watching it with Italian or English audio and with subtitles for the English version or subtitles for the Italian as they are different because of the translation from the script.

Silentbob 3rd March 2011 09:55 AM

Has there been a delay getting this to suppliers? my pre-order still hasn't dispatched & they usually get sent out Tuesday/Wednesday prior to release date.

Nemesis 3rd March 2011 03:45 PM

Just got the HMV dispatch notice :woot:

tollickd 3rd March 2011 04:17 PM

I just checked my pre order on play.com and it is now packing