Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st February 2011, 10:47 PM
Cultist in Training

Considering the running time on the Blu-ray. Will the version on the Blu-ray be the full "Integral" version of the film with the extra scenes added in?

Is that version available on the DVD release as well or is that the "Director's Cut" version of the film?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who want to know this. Thank you!
Old 1st February 2011, 11:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist

If all that was available is DD sound, I guess that's ok. But a DTS-HD track could've been created -- it would've just cost extra money.

Also, I disagree about the comment of the audio not needing to be HD/LPCM. There is a lot of music that would benefit from a lossless format.
Old 2nd February 2011, 12:01 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsic4slipknotxx View Post
Considering the running time on the Blu-ray. Will the version on the Blu-ray be the full "Integral" version of the film with the extra scenes added in?

Is that version available on the DVD release as well or is that the "Director's Cut" version of the film?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who want to know this. Thank you!
The Integral running time is 116. The DVD is in the PAL format so the 111 time is 4% lower. I'm sure both discs are the same cut. Otherwise, it would say Blu-Ray exclusive! The director's version is not quite 110 minutes long.
Old 2nd February 2011, 09:42 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Sorry to harp on about the audio, but if there was a more than acceptable 5.1 DD mix on the AB US disk .... how come we still only have 2.0?
Old 2nd February 2011, 10:51 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Sorry to harp on about the audio, but if there was a more than acceptable 5.1 DD mix on the AB US disk .... how come we still only have 2.0?
I have a feeling we'll see a lossless track show up in the final specs for this.
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:37 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
I have a feeling we'll see a lossless track show up in the final specs for this.
God I hope ... I really go for the BD releases more for the audio tracks as opposed the picture as my TV aint really big enuff to really see a huge detail difference over my upscaling DVDs. I realise when I buy a bigger telly is will be blatantly obvious, but being a big Argy fan it's still a must have. But if other distributors are going to put the BD out with better audio .. do I wait?

Old 2nd February 2011, 11:46 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Dolby Digital tracks aren't lossless -- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio encodings are lossless whilst LPCM provides uncompressed sound and is generally the best choice available. In a film like this with far from the most demanding soundtrack ever made, a DD 2.0 stereo track should be fine although a LPCM stereo option would have been ideal. Who knows, an LPCM track may be entirely redundant and a waste of money which is better spent on the HD remastering process.
Ah, I see. Think it must've been the possibility of a LPCM track I was wondering about then; I'm not too well up the technical names for these things. Cheers for the info there btw Nos
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:53 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
Also, I disagree about the comment of the audio not needing to be HD/LPCM. There is a lot of music that would benefit from a lossless format.
Like I said above, I don't really know jack about the nuts and bolts of these things but I suspect you're probably right bgart. Whilst it might not quite be Suspiria or Deep Red, some of the music in this is still pretty damn impressive and could certainly benefit from the most robust presentation that's possible.
Old 2nd February 2011, 12:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigZagZombie View Post
Like I said above, I don't really know jack about the nuts and bolts of these things but I suspect you're probably right bgart. Whilst it might not quite be Suspiria or Deep Red, some of the music in this is still pretty damn impressive and could certainly benefit from the most robust presentation that's possible.
Here here Ziggy

Old 2nd February 2011, 03:41 PM
Cult Rookie

**also praying for better audio than 2.0**

Like this? Share it using the links below!