Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2011, 12:35 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtom View Post
The multiple covers are a good idea mainly becuase the one that gets used is usually so poor.
My cover had the artwork that turns up again on the main menu.

So I changed it to the well known cover instead.

Two things are constant with Arrow Blurays.
The overall package is always great , and any new artwork has me rushing to change the cover image.
Old 12th March 2011, 02:57 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
The multiple covers are a good idea mainly becuase the one that gets used is usually so poor.
My cover had the artwork that turns up again on the main menu.

So I changed it to the well known cover instead.
Between the 26 Arrow releases I have, i've only used the new artwork on about half of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12th March 2011, 03:24 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Got the Bluray earlier in the week.
Video is fantastic.
Audio is crap.

2 channel sound in this day and age?
A DTS option would have been nice .
Phenomena was originally released in Dolby Stereo so a 2.0 lossless stereo track should be more than adequate. Options are nice but original is the best.
Old 12th March 2011, 12:50 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
Phenomena was originally released in Dolby Stereo so a 2.0 lossless stereo track should be more than adequate. Options are nice but original is the best.
I found the two LPCM 2.0 stereo tracks to be excellent quality, doing a superb job with the dialogue, directional sound and music. Phenomena is a superb release and probably the definitive version of the film.
Old 12th March 2011, 01:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
I am sure Deep Red was released with a mono track .. but we still have a 5.1 DTS HD mix for that.

I have Phenomena on now on my Blu .. and I really have to have the amp high to get any decent audio from it. But like I have said on other threads, it is what it is ... so I should be grateful

Old 12th March 2011, 01:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Has anyone noticed some horrid audio pops and visual glitches around the 36-37 minute mark? It is around the time when Jennifer is on the phone to Shapiro wanting to get outta the school and where the lecture is taking place. It has lasted about a minute odd and on. If my memory serves me right, it happened on the old AB US DVD release too!

Old 12th March 2011, 06:56 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
I am sure Deep Red was released with a mono track .. but we still have a 5.1 DTS HD mix for that.

I have Phenomena on now on my Blu .. and I really have to have the amp high to get any decent audio from it. But like I have said on other threads, it is what it is ... so I should be grateful

Yes, Deep Red was originally in mono and I'm glad that track is available on the Arrow disc. If only the remix was, I wouldn't be happy. Anchor Bay/BU used to only include the remixes, now they have finally started including the mono tracks as well.

I'm still waiting for my Phenomena disc to arrive here in the U.S. so I'll wait to chime in again on the sound when it arrives.
Old 12th March 2011, 07:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I've just watched the whole movie .... I guess the expectations of a 5.1 track aren't really fair. The movie sits well on it's own with the 2.0 audio. After all, there is no way it was ever going to sound like Avatar. Yeah I am happy enough with it as it is after all.

After watching it, I was inspired to listen to my Simonetti Project CD, Mystery, Myth and Mayhem.
Old 20th March 2011, 10:57 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
I still have my reservations about the 2.0 audio though guys. Was looking well forward to a good 5.1 mix.
So was i as well as inclusion of the abridged export cut of the film. But these are not insurmountable problems for me and i'm still happy with my Phenomena purchases. Arrow have done an acceptable and admirable job once again so money well spent imo.

Strange though but i'm 110% convinced i pre-ordered both my DVD and BR copies with HMV months ago when the title first came up for advance availablility. However, when i read other members here had confirmation contact from the above supplier that their own items were on the way i was concerned when HMV didn't let me know via E-Mail too. So i checked my order history with the relevant website only to find absolutely no trace of my Phenomena pre-orders! Afterwards, i called HMV to find out what happened to my original potential purchases and they informed me nothing could be found on record. I was totally confused and just had to resign myself to buying both SD and HD releases last week after the title in question hit the streets!

But no matter, Arrow's Phenomena is mine now and that's the main thing.
Old 23rd March 2011, 07:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Watched this over the weekend and thought it was excellent. It's not my favourite Argento but the quality of the BD was stunning. Really enjoyed the extras too. Nice one

Like this? Share it using the links below!