Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Island of Death – How You Discovered It (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/4550-island-death-%E2%80%93-how-you-discovered.html)

harryd 25th November 2012 06:31 AM

used to have the old vipco release as well, never that keen on the film tbh, my favourite thing at the time was Celias tits! :woot:
been a while since i saw it though and i dare say I'll give it another chance now it's out on arrow

klownz 25th November 2012 10:22 AM

The Arrow copy is much better:nod:

vipco 25th November 2012 02:36 PM

Had the UK pre cert vhs back in the 90s then the VIPCO dvd then the ARROW release which has the reverse
cover option of my old vhs release though I prefer Ricks art. One of my fav nasties.

Rik 25th November 2012 02:51 PM

My first experience with this film was buying the Arrow DVD last year. I'd heard about it years ago but waited until an uncut version appeared here in the UK. I've only watched it once, but I'll probably revisit as I didn't mind it at all

Pete 25th November 2012 02:52 PM

First saw it back in 2004 when I first started collecting all the Vipco stuff. Saw the uncut version in 2010 when I bought the Austrian XT Video release.

I had the Arrow edition but sold it before I watched it.

Vampix 26th November 2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 295444)
My first experience with this film was buying the Arrow DVD last year. I'd heard about it years ago but waited until an uncut version appeared here in the UK. I've only watched it once, but I'll probably revisit as I didn't mind it at all

Like you I first saw the film via Arrow's DVD.I had read about the film's video nasty past in The Dark Side and was quite curious to see it for myself.I thought it was entertaining in a trashy kind of way.I'm glad I have a decent copy in my collection.

Rassilon 26th November 2012 05:14 PM

I'd read about it and thought it sounded vile. However years later when I bought the arrow release I found some of it absurd and comical. The notorious goat scene reminded me of a Vic Reeves gag. Still great movie one I will also revisit.

Daemonia 27th November 2012 01:06 AM

I missed it in the pre-cert era but picked up a bootleg of the pre-cert via the Dark Side classifieds in the mid-90's. I thought it was hilarious and wrong in so many ways - I loved it. :)

Hawkmonger 27th November 2012 10:52 AM

Through Brad Jones/ The Cinema Snob review. Can't take it seriesly now, when ever I get to the end I hear Brad's voice "This moive has Goat ****ing in it!".:pound:

davcol 27th November 2012 11:25 AM

saw this on the lovefilm streaming service. i like the main song which plays throughout and i couldnt help wanting the perverted brother and sister to evade capture near the end.
the brothers fate in the lime pit was quite original.