Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   The Beyond – How You Discovered It (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/4624-beyond-%E2%80%93-how-you-discovered.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th February 2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 127625)
Originally saw it at the cinema :eek:

I'd never seen anything like it at the time. That was me hooked on Fulci.

Lucky you -- I would love to see it on the big screen. This and just about everything else that Lucio Fulci, Dario Argento and Mario Bava made!

Paul 11th February 2011 07:24 PM

I bought the pre-cert Vampix video from someone I went to college with many years ago for a fiver. I still think it's one of the greatest films I've ever seen.

Inspector Tanzi 11th February 2011 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 127637)
Lucky you -- I would love to see it on the big screen.

I saw it on the big screen in 1994 but unfortunately it was the cert.x print.

Mojo 12th February 2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 127691)

That's the one I saw as well, as it was back in the 80s I saw it. Also saw the James Ferman approved House By The Cemetery and City Of The Living Dead on the big screen back then too. At the scene where Daniela Doria vomits up her entrails, some people walked out :biggrin:

Ferman did his best to ruin these films, so it's great to see Arrow releasing definitive versions of these movies today.

wongfeihung62 12th February 2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 127691)

I saw it in the 90's at the Scala in a triple bill with House by the cemetary and city of the living dead. All cut X cert though.:rant:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th February 2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 127719)
At the scene where Daniela Doria vomits up her entrails, some people walked out :biggrin:

That must have been worth the price of admission alone -- it would have made the experience even better if I was there!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 127719)
Ferman did his best to ruin these films, so it's great to see Arrow releasing definitive versions of these movies today.

Well said and it's good to see that the BBFC have changed in the last 25 years or so to the point where the films that were butchered by James Ferman and co. are now being released uncut on DVD and Blu-ray so people can see films like The Beyond in the way that the director intended.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th February 2011 04:39 PM

Vampix precert.My old man's mate owned a video shop,so we recieved all the latest gore and violence FOC! :cool:

Vampix 14th February 2011 02:34 AM

I also saw it first via the Vampix pre-cert tape, the only problem was the sound on the videotape was so muffled I could hardly hear what was being said or, more importantly, Fabio Frizzi's brilliant score.A few years later I bought the Elephant Video VHS which, like the Vampix tape, featured the cut cinema print.

Demoncrat 14th February 2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phats (Post 127605)
I have yet to see the movie but I first heard about it while browsing through these very forums and look forward to purchasing the Arrow release.

you lucky swine!! tis easily one of the most Lovecraftian films ive seen (yes, this wont make sense til you see it, but tis worth the wait)...i think i saw this on video firstly, though im not entirely a fan of the whole film, it is one of my LF top 3....

Pete 16th February 2011 08:27 AM

First saw the film when it was finally released uncut in 2001 by Vipco.