Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th February 2011, 09:01 AM
Cult Rookie

Default Phenomena – The Reviews

We've posted a small selection of screengrabs from Arrow's Phenomena Blu-ray over at the Home Cinema Choice website to give people a little taste as to what the disc has to offer.
Old 18th February 2011, 06:49 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Review...

Rock! Shock! Pop! - Phenomena (Arrow Blu-ray)
Old 18th February 2011, 07:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

A decent review .. I am not getting my hopes up as much as I did with Deep Red. I think I will enjoy P more for what it actually is this way.

Old 18th February 2011, 08:04 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Post and discuss reviews you've found an even put your own reviews of Arrow's release of Phenomena here.
Old 20th February 2011, 02:15 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

REVIEW:

AV Maniacs » Blog Archive » Phenomena (1984)

They point out a very minor technical issue with the sound:

"Also, in trying to synch up the English audio with the Italian image track, there are at least two instances where sound effects and dialogue come in *before* they are supposed to; this is most evident in the scene wherein Jennifer is being driven home by the two German students after they accidentally hit her with their car. It’s a relatively minor caveat, but it *will* annoy those of us familiar with the film. Otherwise, the 2.0 stereo track is in excellent condition; the music has full force, and the dialogue is clear throughout. A 2.0 Italian soundtrack is also included, with optional English subtitles available for the entire feature."
Old 20th February 2011, 12:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Let's hope it's just his AV set up or the early review version. Either way, it's nothing that will put me off, especially if it's only a few seconds. Can't be any worse that the old VHS Demons 2 where the girl's parents are dining out and the sound between them was out by what seemed like minutes!!!! She seemed to be speaking his lines and vice versa! Terrible
Old 20th February 2011, 02:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Let's hope it's just his AV set up or the early review version. Either way, it's nothing that will put me off, especially if it's only a few seconds. Can't be any worse that the old VHS Demons 2 where the girl's parents are dining out and the sound between them was out by what seemed like minutes!!!! She seemed to be speaking his lines and vice versa! Terrible
I too think It´s not that much of a deal for me.
That´s why I said it´s was a very minorl problem.
Old 20th February 2011, 06:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Somewhat minor. But if it's something that is preventable, then it is a bigger issue. Seems many of the "minor" errors that are reported for some of these Arrow releases are preventable, however, and that's the frustrating part for the fans.
Old 20th February 2011, 07:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
Somewhat minor. But if it's something that is preventable, then it is a bigger issue. Seems many of the "minor" errors that are reported for some of these Arrow releases are preventable, however, and that's the frustrating part for the fans.
B ... some of the bigger distributors may be throwing a lot more money at their releases than Arrow maybe can afford to. "Minor" issues really don't bother me ... it's when an issue becomes "Major" that we should be concerned with, and up to now with Arrow releases... the "Minors" certainly outweigh the "Majors". Also, how many other companies within the UK would even attempt to release these movies at such a risk? Not many!
Old 20th February 2011, 07:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
I´m a fan and I consider it a minor issue.
It´s still an issue but a minor one.

Like this? Share it using the links below!