Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th February 2011, 09:10 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Phenomena – The Technical Debate

This forum is only for discussing the technical merits of the Phenomena discs: the AV quality and extra features but not the film itself.
Old 18th February 2011, 09:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Don't you think there are too many threads for just one film? I would rather just see one thread for each release. Here we can discuss packaging, specs and of course the movie itself. It has become hard to keep track of all the threads for each movie!
Old 18th February 2011, 09:21 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

This way it doesn't get too cluttered and allows people to discuss the picture quality and the merits (or demerits) of the soundtracks to their hearts content without boring the pants off anyone who just wants to talk about the film.
Old 18th February 2011, 09:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

That's fair enough Nos, but I am sure I am not the only one who likes to talk about all aspects of a movie with many people and many levels. Not everyone talks about technical details but perhaps would like too but may not feel too confident about it - and I think this is making more of a divide between members rather than bringing together. Almar recently expressed that there were too many threads on the forum and wanted to keep them more concentrated - is this really the way to go about that?

Only my opinion of course.

Old 18th February 2011, 10:35 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
That's fair enough Nos, but I am sure I am not the only one who likes to talk about all aspects of a movie with many people and many levels. Not everyone talks about technical details but perhaps would like too but may not feel too confident about it - and I think this is making more of a divide between members rather than bringing together. Almar recently expressed that there were too many threads on the forum and wanted to keep them more concentrated - is this really the way to go about that?

Only my opinion of course.

What i was talking about (I think - I say a lot of things!) was to tighten up the front page. What we were finding was that with one thread for a title the only debate time and time again was boiling down to the AV merits of a title - often based on early screen grabs etc and no one was talking the films anymore so for each title we're creating threads so people who are more into talking about the merits of the film can do so, people who want to discuss the artwork can do so and for those who like to focus on the AV - well that's there too.

It's been an interesting change - we've had more talk about the films themselves again and I think that's a good thing but we appreciate feedback on how people are finding these things and better ideas - it's more work to set it up this way with multiple threads but then the idea is to keep offering a better experience so the motives are good.
Old 18th February 2011, 10:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Nice one Almar .. what is great about this forum is just how you guys listen to us ... and of course respond so prompt.

Like I said, was only my opinion of course.

Old 18th February 2011, 11:05 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Nice one Almar .. what is great about this forum is just how you guys listen to us ... and of course respond so prompt.

Like I said, was only my opinion of course.

And the opinion is valued.

Funnily enough this came out of the shameless mini forum and people commenting that they missed the old days where we talked about the films more and I had a look and thought it's all AV chat now - it's cool to have that but it was taking over and we wanted to bring some choice back to the debate so people can focus on the aspect they find more interesting.

So comments drove this experiment and I think it is working better but more comments will help tweak it potentially and I appreciate people taking the time to make them.
Old 18th February 2011, 11:38 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

What we need is a forum to discuss the separate right channel/left channel audio. One for each language would be good too.

j/k!
Old 19th February 2011, 09:41 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I've been reading comments on forums based on this ( Blu-ray Sneak Peek: Phenomena | Home Cinema Choice: AV, surround sound and TV reviews )
that is looks too smooth...
Not my opinion btw,as it's hard to tell how this looks from a few caps.
Old 19th February 2011, 09:46 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I've been reading comments on forums based on this ( Blu-ray Sneak Peek: Phenomena | Home Cinema Choice: AV, surround sound and TV reviews )
that is looks too smooth...
Not my opinion btw,as it's hard to tell how this looks from a few caps.
Strange, it looks like it's got grain on it to me.

Like this? Share it using the links below!