Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   The Beyond – The Reviews (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/4714-beyond-%E2%80%93-reviews.html)

Wilson Bros 3rd June 2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 155211)
Let us know when they do - I can tell this is going to be a biggy!

I was going to stuck in a smutty innuendo about you liking a biggy, but Nick & I don't sink to that level... often. :p

If you call a review that clocks in at around 8500 words a big one, then we suppose it is.

Kev W

Almar@Cult Labs 3rd June 2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson Bros (Post 155361)
I was going to stuck in a smutty innuendo about you liking a biggy, but Nick & I don't sink to that level... often. :p

If you call a review that clocks in at around 8500 words a big one, then we suppose it is.

Kev W

Not up then yet big boy? ;)

Wilson Bros 3rd June 2011 10:00 AM

Not yet, Duckie, but thanbks for the implication.... ;)

Kev W

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd June 2011 10:38 AM

8500 words is a whopping review and more like a book! I imagine line will be about a quarter of that length.

Wilson Bros 3rd June 2011 12:28 PM

It's a film that we love so much that Nick & I couldn't have possibly written a standard-length review. :)

Kev W

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd June 2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson Bros (Post 155408)
It's a film that we love so much that Nick & I couldn't have possibly written a standard-length review. :)

Kev W

I don't think I've seen it enough to say 'I love it', not yet anyway! It's a film that certainly grows on you and improves with repeated viewings so, in a few years time, I may be in the same position as you two.

However, I haven't yet started on the review so it may turn out to be quite lengthy, especially with so much supplementary material.

nekromantik 3rd June 2011 02:02 PM

I have yet to watch the extras for this!!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd June 2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 155431)
I have yet to watch the extras for this!!

I went through the whole lot, including commentaries, when the review disc first arrived and haven't looked at it since then so I'll need to go through the whole process again in order to write my review!

Prince_Vajda 3rd June 2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 155433)
I went through the whole lot, including commentaries, when the review disc first arrived and haven't looked at it since then so I'll need to go through the whole process again in order to write my review!

I look forward to that! :nod:

Maybe I'll go ahead and start realising my plan of writing itty bitty reviews, containing the most important things about the respective flick, with relevant information and a box with some rating (e.g. in terms of sleaziness). In my dream, they would be no longer than half a normal page and should condense the movie's pros and cons without too many spoilers.

As with many things, the problem is that of yours truly getting started. :eyebrows:

Greetings!

platostotal 3rd June 2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 146334)
I think the only people who can judge how a film looks on BD/DVD are the filmmakers themselves.I take every BD/DVD review I read on the internet with a very large pinch of salt.If I think the film looks good I'm perfectly happy.If the release has been worked on/approved by the guys who originally shot the film, all the better!

'French Connection' WTF did they do with that. "That's how I want the film to look". What, crap you mean, :dance:just kidding. I say just give us the best print there is, no messing around.