Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2011, 11:25 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
I'm assuming whoever gave the 'all clear' for the 'B&W' master to go to replication is being made to sit in the post room and personally hand label all the replacement discs.
...whilst being battered around the head with a wooden mallet.
Old 3rd March 2011, 11:51 AM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
I'm assuming whoever gave the 'all clear' for the 'B&W' master to go to replication is being made to sit in the post room and personally hand label all the replacement discs.
A fitting punishment
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:02 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
I think you'll be better off just ordering it now, emailing your proof of purchase and getting your replacement disc sent.
This why I asked the question! I am over the moon with Arrow, so much I am thinking of putting copy on pre-order to have a sealed B&W copy!
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:09 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tollickd View Post
I am thinking of putting copy on pre-order to have a sealed B&W copy!
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:16 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
This why I asked the question! I am over the moon with Arrow, so much I am thinking of putting copy on pre-order to have a sealed B&W copy!
Good grief. Sad thing is I suspect you're not alone.
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:23 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
I'm of the opinion that it will be a long time before corrected discs hit the shops, it sounds like Arrow pressed up the entire initial run using the 'B&W' master which is likely to be a hell of a lot of discs. A second pressing won't go ahead until the first pressing has been depleted so why wait when you can just order it now and have the replacement disc sent to you for no extra cost?
I'd also agree that it may be sometime before corrected discs hit the shops, but I think you're wrong on the point about a second pressing. If they won't do a corrected pressing until the first stock is depleted, then where are all the replacement BDs coming from? Surely they'd have to be pressed...?
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:31 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I'd also agree that it may be sometime before corrected discs hit the shops, but I think you're wrong on the point about a second pressing. If they won't do a corrected pressing until the first stock is depleted, then where are all the replacement BDs coming from? Surely they'd have to be pressed...?
OK, I get what you mean. What I meant by a 'second' pressing was a full run of pressed discs housed in packaging.

The replacement discs are just discs. No packaging and as such will not reach shops.
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:56 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Ah right, yes, I see what you mean. I guess only Arrow know the exact logistics of how things will pan out. Personally, for the cost of an envelope and a stamp, I have absolutely no problem with the way things are set up. At least the problems have been fixed, which can only be a good thing.

BTW - I'm preety sure I recall that Anchor Bay US wouldn't replace discs for customers outside the USA when they messed up on Opera.
Old 3rd March 2011, 01:02 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Ah right, yes, I see what you mean. I guess only Arrow know the exact logistics of how things will pan out. Personally, for the cost of an envelope and a stamp, I have absolutely no problem with the way things are set up. At least the problems have been fixed, which can only be a good thing.

BTW - I'm preety sure I recall that Anchor Bay US wouldn't replace discs for customers outside the USA when they messed up on Opera.
Not even a need for a stamp now as they'll accept proof of purchase via email.

I got a replacement OPERA disc from Anchor Bay, I was instructed to send it back to my supplier in the UK (The Disc Emporium) who then sent me a replacement disc.
Old 3rd March 2011, 01:12 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Are you being serious, or is this an attempt at sarcasm?

Like this? Share it using the links below!