Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th June 2011, 03:18 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
here is the piece of music that i am refering to. It starts at 8mins and 3 secs into the film. Please, somebody tell me that they know who it's by!

bump!
Old 17th June 2011, 08:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Here is the piece of music that I am refering to. It starts at 8mins and 3 secs into the film. Please, somebody tell me that they know who it's by!

I would say it's Simonetti, not quite Goblin, or them just jamming and Argento liking it.
Old 25th June 2011, 11:36 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
I would say it's Simonetti, not quite Goblin, or them just jamming and Argento liking it.
I wouldn't dismiss this piece as 'just jamming and Argento liking it.' If it is indeed a Goblin piece, then (IMO) it is one of their best. It sounds like it could fit into Django Kill (or some other creepy western) with it's haunting harmonica running through it.

Anyway, does some nice member have some good news for me and tell me who it's by? I'm not giving up on this!
Old 1st October 2011, 10:39 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I love Maiden and Motorhead, but i totally agree, they are almost cut and paste edits into the film, quite poor, i squirm when they appear. Same goes for Demons.
Totally agree. As big a Maiden fan as I am, it was beyond cheesy allowing it to go full on into the vocal. "Flash of the Blade" has some great instrumental pieces within it and if properly edited could have been a very appropriate instrumental track that fit the mood. As is, it's like watching the television with the radio on. Even worse, they used it twice in the film. The Motorhead track was almost as bad.
Old 2nd October 2011, 07:41 AM
Cult Addict

Every 80's italian soundtrack is a gem. Firstly they usually feature some classic rock and pop songs from eighties classics as diverse as iron maiden, Billy idol and the smiths. The music composed for the score itself is usually fantastic, phenomena is a great example of this as is the keith emerson stuff on the church and inferno, also I rate the soundtrack to opera which veers from classical to heavy rock at the drop of a hat.

One of the things anchor bay used to do many moons ago was release stuff with the soundtrack as a bonus on the limited edition versions hence I still oen my ltd edition dvd's of opera and suspiria. I think companies should do this more often with these movies!
Old 2nd October 2011, 04:29 PM
Ex-member

Default Phenomena - Soundtrack

Argento was going through his heavy metal period, like with OPERA as well and the heavy metal shit was inappropriate for PHENOMENA, especially OPERA.
Shame
Old 3rd October 2011, 08:22 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
Totally agree. As big a Maiden fan as I am, it was beyond cheesy allowing it to go full on into the vocal. "Flash of the Blade" has some great instrumental pieces within it and if properly edited could have been a very appropriate instrumental track that fit the mood. As is, it's like watching the television with the radio on. Even worse, they used it twice in the film. The Motorhead track was almost as bad.

Another Maiden fan here *waves*. The inclusion of FotB was amatuerish, like an afterthought during the editing process, I agree with you there.
I liked the inclusion of metal tracks in Demons. The movie's crazy and firmly set in the 80s, so it seems kind of normal. Think of Return of the Living Dead and that soundtrack as an example of a movie where I think the music grates but it'd be less of a movie without it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!