Like Tree40Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th April 2011, 07:29 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

There's probably only so much one thread can take, so please put Bird to one side and concentrate on The Beyond!

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 12th April 2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12th April 2011, 11:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
Storraro does know what BIRD is supposed to look like. BUT, since he filmed that movie, his filmmaking philosophy changed and he now applies his "vision" to all of his movies (if he can). I don't disagree with anyone about Storraro's stupid ideas, and I'm sure he wouldn't disagree that BIRD was originally intended to be 2.35:1 -- but he's using his reputation and "star" power to conform his past works to his current philosophy.
No need to explain... I was just making a funny comparison.

As for is reputation and "star" power, they don´t count here because this is a case of a man not listening to the industry and to the fans. He´s got his idiotic vision and we all have to "eat" it.
Old 13th April 2011, 07:36 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Springjack, I have asked people not to talk about other films in this thread as there are other areas of the forum in which to do that. This also applies to other aspects of this release as there are numerous threads within this section.

Ignoring moderator requests will not be taken lightly so any continuation of this -- by anyone -- will be met with an infraction.

Now, please can we please get back on topic?
Old 13th April 2011, 08:55 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I think the DoP issue is an interesting comparison between these two films but it's also two sensitive releases that I hoped would never meet on one thread!

It's a good debate worth having but it helps to keep threads on topic - all that's needed here folks is start up a thread about the differing opinions you have on the relevant DoPs and it'll get the space and peace it needs.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Springjack, I have asked people not to talk about other films in this thread as there are other areas of the forum in which to do that. This also applies to other aspects of this release as there are numerous threads within this section.

Ignoring moderator requests will not be taken lightly so any continuation of this -- by anyone -- will be met with an infraction.

Now, please can we please get back on topic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs
I think the DoP issue is an interesting comparison between these two films but it's also two sensitive releases that I hoped would never meet on one thread!

It's a good debate worth having but it helps to keep threads on topic - all that's needed here folks is start up a thread about the differing opinions you have on the relevant DoPs and it'll get the space and peace it needs.
Blimey lads, calm down (not so much Almar, no offence Nos)! All Springjack was doing was making (by his own admission) a 'funny comparison', a throw-away thought that he had on the spur of the moment and decided to post. Something he probably didn't think deserved a full thread of its own (though I agree it might). Seriously, thoughts that occur, random little things that you think whilst reading a thread can't be posted for fear of infractions? Maybe I should have started a new thread for this? I doubt it, because the context for my comment is within this thread, and starting a thread about my thoughts on what I perceive to be heavy-handedness would only serve to make me look self-important and would definitely cause friction, which I'm certainly not out to cause.

Anyway, I'll expect my infraction in the post, signed in blood.
robertzombie likes this.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trench View Post
Blimey lads, calm down (not so much Almar, no offence Nos)! All Springjack was doing was making (by his own admission) a 'funny comparison', a throw-away thought that he had on the spur of the moment and decided to post. Something he probably didn't think deserved a full thread of its own (though I agree it might). Seriously, thoughts that occur, random little things that you think whilst reading a thread can't be posted for fear of infractions? Maybe I should have started a new thread for this? I doubt it, because the context for my comment is within this thread, and starting a thread about my thoughts on what I perceive to be heavy-handedness would only serve to make me look self-important and would definitely cause friction, which I'm certainly not out to cause.

Anyway, I'll expect my infraction in the post, signed in blood.
I posted to this too (granted, I said "Arrrggghhhhhh", to vent my frustrations), this modding is just getting out of hand.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:31 PM
Active Cultist

it's just forum etiquette, this is cult-labs house and we're all guests. if the moderators ask you to keep on topic then that's fair enough i think? they pay for the webspace, they devote their time to running it, the least we can do is respect a simple request like 'stay on topic'. there's plenty of threads to discuss bird without it bleeding into every other thread, no?
Old 13th April 2011, 12:46 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

No infractions signed in blood - I hate the sight of my own blood!

Chaps it's actually a very good segway and perhaps it could all have been channelled better - to that end Nos has started a thread about DoPs which I think is rather excellent but also the right place to carry on some comparisons:

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/horr...tml#post142673

We just gotta try and keep this thread useful for people looking for information on The Beyond and the returns policy...

We cool?
Old 13th April 2011, 06:37 PM
Cultist in Training

WooHoo!

thanks for the heads up, Nosferatu!

Soon I'll be watching it in all its HD/sepia/colour glory!

btw~anyone else curious why March 13th is the veiwing date for the Wilson Bros?
Old 13th April 2011, 06:53 PM
Active Cultist

Thanks for the update, arrow has done a great job fixing this
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!