Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
Anyone want to trade the other one?
1p posted recorded delivery?
Old 3rd August 2011, 07:23 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Well, let's hope that Sarah's last post was not Arrow's final word on this subject.

Greetings!
Old 3rd August 2011, 07:26 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
Anyone want to trade the other one?
If I had two correct discs, I would mate.
Old 3rd August 2011, 10:39 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I know you would buddy.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 4th August 2011, 05:40 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Well, let's hope that Sarah's last post was not Arrow's final word on this subject.

Greetings!
Seems that way, Prince. Not that I have anything against Sarah, you understand, but some reassurances from Arrow would have been nice. But I guess they're busy people. Ah well. Never mind.

Could I suggest some kind of official notice that people could use when trying to explain to retailers what the problem is? Damn, this seems like a lot of work just to buy a film!

Last edited by Daemonia; 5th August 2011 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Bad grammar!!
Old 4th August 2011, 06:01 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Seems that way, Prince. Not that I have against sarah, you understand, but some reassurances from Arrow would have been nice. But I guess they're busy people. Ah well. Never mind.
Been away from my computer being a student for huge chunks of today I'm afraid guys so sorry for being quiet on this. I do both part time and unfortunately have not yet mastered the art of cloning!

Will see if I can have more info tomorrow for you - although if I do it won't be until later in the afternoon, if not Monday, so please be patient. I am trying to get more info to you but I have a lot of work to juggle - as do the guys at Arrow.

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sarah@Cult Labs; 5th August 2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 5th August 2011, 09:55 AM
Cult Rookie

I only came on here to find the contact email after receiving a copy of The Beyond from Amazon last week. Reading this latest development is very dismaying indeed & has definitely further damaged my view of Arrow, who seem like a terribly naive bunch.

It beggars belief that no-one considered that announcing a cut-off date would create a rush & thought to put a contingency plan in place to cope with that. I have been hanging fire on picking this up, but the thought of potentially jumping through hoops with a retailer from Sept 1st weighed up against a guaranteed replacement before that date seemed a no brainer & I ordered.

I think the point made earlier that this will strangle sales is very valid. It's obvious that incorrect discs are still very much in circulation, so who in their right mind is going to risk buying & very likely opening up a world of hassle for themselves? I want to buy a film & watch it, not mess around back & forth for several weeks struggling to find a correct version.

The bottom line has always been that the disc is faulty & that is Arrow's fault & not the retailer. The replacement campaign was a good move, but announcing a cut-off date thereby creating a rush that has meant Arrow can't honour that date is a complete own goal.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

http://garagepunk.ning.com/profile/kissoffboardy
Old 5th August 2011, 10:06 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Sorry kissoffboardy, but this seems like a mean post from someone of a competition label to me...

I know that the situation is not handled to perfection, but I can see the reason behind it, this is not a huge company like Warner Brothers who recently had to handle a pile of f$%§ed up LotR BD sets (German dub sounded like Disney as the DVD dub was used w/o realizing the consequences). So please, be fair and wait a bit, I bet that they are working on how to handle this bad situation, which I fear has got into company-damaging costs - I do not want to miss these great releases!
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 5th August 2011, 10:35 AM
Cult Rookie

I hope they are working on it, as it is a very frustrating situation.

& no, I'm not from a rival label. I'm currently sat in a boring local government office contemplating some even more boring work.

I also disagree that my post is in any way mean. I admit that I'm feeling very let down by this deadline, but I'm stating the facts as I see them. I paid for the disc in good faith, thinking I had a safety net until Sept 1st. It now transpires that I was mislead in that. Stating this is the truth, not being "mean".

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

http://garagepunk.ning.com/profile/kissoffboardy
Old 5th August 2011, 10:44 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

To be fair, everything said by KOB is a fact, I don't think there's anything mean about it, it just sounds like a very frustrated person.

I completely sympathise, as I am equally up the proverbial creek, except that I take as much blame on myself as I've had the disc since March and not done anything about it!

PS - Still not had an email from Arrow, which is maddening. That's the only thing I feel truly let down by, the rest of it is (for me) mainly my own fault, and doesn't affect my viewpoint of the company or their releases at all.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!