Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree40Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th March 2011, 11:21 AM
Cult Rookie

Default much ado about nothing

got my Beyond Blu-Ray, fantastic quality, got monochrome intro and do I care: no. does that mean I'm not passionate? No. I WANT Arrow to be able to continue producing the quality ive seen on the releases Ive got - the most innovative bd/dvd series coming out at the moment, so nwhat if the sepia version is only in the vipco release - makes it another passage in the folk lore of all these titles, I think a backlash at arrow is uncalled for, you guys have again done a fanTAstic job on this release.

Hate to think that, even more so today, a 'mistake' like this can cost a company with great intentions, and II dont wanna see arrow getting hit by fans throwing their toys out of the pram.

A GREAT release, bonus material was great, totally happy customer here.

Nick
Old 26th March 2011, 11:34 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsutton View Post
so nwhat if the sepia version is only in the vipco release
It isn't only in the Vipco release.
Old 26th March 2011, 12:00 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsutton View Post
got my Beyond Blu-Ray, fantastic quality, got monochrome intro and do I care: no. does that mean I'm not passionate? No. I WANT Arrow to be able to continue producing the quality ive seen on the releases Ive got - the most innovative bd/dvd series coming out at the moment, so nwhat if the sepia version is only in the vipco release - makes it another passage in the folk lore of all these titles, I think a backlash at arrow is uncalled for, you guys have again done a fanTAstic job on this release.

Hate to think that, even more so today, a 'mistake' like this can cost a company with great intentions, and II dont wanna see arrow getting hit by fans throwing their toys out of the pram.

A GREAT release, bonus material was great, totally happy customer here.

Nick
That's all well and good and I'm pleased that you're happy. But I, personally, want the film in its correct presentation. To say you don't care does mean that you're not passionate. Sorry, but I think it does. You're saying you don't care about something you say you're passionate about - bit of an oxymoron, yes? To be passionate means to care passionately.

But hey, if you want to stick with a lower bit-rate BD with an incorrect opening, then be my guest.
Old 26th March 2011, 12:26 PM
Cult Rookie

Default insiinuations

keep me away from forums, just this is clearly explianed in interviews that several different versions of the opening were available when it was released, dont diss Arrow for making these items available.
Old 26th March 2011, 12:33 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Who's 'dissing' Arrow? Not me. I'm simply saying that it's well documented that The Beyond should have the opening in sepia/yellow tinting, not in monochrome. It should never be in black and white. And in what interviews does it say that it was released in differing versions? I've never read that myself, save that Germany had a colour opening.

But if you're happy with it that way, then that's fine. I take it you won't be going for a replacement?
Old 26th March 2011, 06:28 PM
Cult Rookie

Default :)

no! Ill get a buzz from seeing the sepia version way in the future, somthing to look forward to. Save this intro argument, hard to find fault with the whole package
Old 27th March 2011, 10:56 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

One quick question - sorry if its already been answered (dont think it has?)

Will the corrected version have something on the disc label to identify it as such?

I ask because I bought Children Shouldnt Play with Dead Things on R1 some years back when it was released cut in error, then they rereleased it properly uncut, but everything was identical. I'd like a Beyond BD that you could tell was the right one without having to play it...

Thanks
Old 27th March 2011, 11:00 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I have no information about whether the discs will be visually different so you can spot the difference just by looking at them or reading a code but I'll endeavour to find out for you in the next few days.
Old 27th March 2011, 11:31 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I have no information about whether the discs will be visually different so you can spot the difference just by looking at them or reading a code but I'll endeavour to find out for you in the next few days.
Thankyou. I would appreciate that.
Old 27th March 2011, 12:20 PM
Cultist in Training

I received the B/W opening on my Blu-ray copy. The problem is I purchased this copy at a convention not too long ago and obviously was not given a receipt. I have contacted the e-tailer, who attended the convention and sold it to me (DiabolikDVD.com), to contact Arrow about the situation. Can I still keep me copy and order a replacement due to these circumstances? I seem to be between a rock and a hard place. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!