Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree40Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th April 2011, 04:59 PM
Cultist in Training

Got my replacement Blu through this morning too Had a quick flick through (we're talking maybe 4-5 secs per scene if that) and it's certainly looking very promising just from a mere surface skim.

Gonna hold off for a few more days before I dive in properly though; in work early the next few days and it's the sort of film I like to stay up till the witching hour for before watching ideally. Doesn't feel quite right watching horror movies earlier in the day really, with a few exceptions

Charlie Sheen's got the right idea...If you want to experience Jaws properly you've gotta watch it right in the middle of the ocean. Admittedly I don't have the finance to conjure up that kind of awesome ambience but the above will more than suffice for now
Old 19th April 2011, 04:59 PM
Cultist

Got my replacement Blu ray today, watching it as I type - WOW! It looks brilliant! Thank you Arrow!
Old 19th April 2011, 05:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

bitrate is 30+ in bright scenes which is good!
I just flipped through it.
Need to compare the opening to the Grindhouse DVD to check if there are any colour differences.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 19th April 2011, 06:25 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
No offense - but I really ask myself if some (luckily it's very few) people here ever added anything to any discussion.

Greetings!
This is exactly the reason why people like me get put off posting here.

Anyways, thanks Arrow, got my replacement today. I'll be firing up the projecter when it gets dark enough, really looking forward to it. Very impressed you managed to sort it out in good time. Well done!
Old 19th April 2011, 07:17 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
bitrate is 30+ in bright scenes which is good!
I just flipped through it.
Need to compare the opening to the Grindhouse DVD to check if there are any colour differences.

Is that bitrate any different to the pressing with the b/w intro? I'm not too fussed about getting mine replaced because of the opening. However, if the new pressing has a higher bitrate I will make the effort to get my disk replaced, not that there was anything was with the image quality.I occassionally checked the bitrate throughout film when I watched it and it never appeared to go above 9mb.
Old 19th April 2011, 07:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqoops View Post
Is that bitrate any different to the pressing with the b/w intro? I'm not too fussed about getting mine replaced because of the opening. However, if the new pressing has a higher bitrate I will make the effort to get my disk replaced, not that there was anything was with the image quality.I occassionally checked the bitrate throughout film when I watched it and it never appeared to go above 9mb.
no idea
I not checked the original disk.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 19th April 2011, 07:28 PM
Cultist

the bit rates are higher
Old 19th April 2011, 10:30 PM
Cult Rookie

I know it's probably too early to tell but do you know when it is safe to buy it from the shops? I've been holding off buying it until the discs were sorted out.

Would it quicker to buy it and get the disc replaced?
Old 19th April 2011, 10:38 PM
Cultist

Received the DVD today (The Netherlands). Thanks Arrow!
Old 19th April 2011, 10:48 PM
Cult Rookie

Also received my replacement Blu-ray today.

From a quick flick through the bitrate is definitely consistently higher, I don't see any huge differences in the image but perhaps in due course someone will do some frame grabs and a proper comparison.

Big thanks to Arrow for taking notice of the reviews, doing something about it and getting the replacement discs out so efficiently.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!