Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree40Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th April 2011, 12:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnduhast View Post
A lot of people have wondered why when Arrow had to go back and remaster this film to correct the opening, that they did not take a bit more time, which they had plenty of as the release date had already been put back twice, and fix all the other problems at the same time!

My old Drawing Office Manager used to say when I was an apprentice that he found it strange that people never seemed to have enough time to do it right first time but always managed to find some time (usually a lot) to fix mistakes afterwards
Which other problems is there? Apart from the opening I haven't noticed any.

I must say that I am quite happy with all the Arrow releases I have purchased so far. My only anoyance was the misspelling of Lucio Fulci on "City of the living dead" sleeve.

I myself need my dvd packaging to be perfect. I get funny looks when shopping as I sift through all the copies of a film to find the best conditiond one So I understand that others demand the same from the disc content aswell.

I would forgive Arrow for any mistakes as they are putting out some great stuff, with great packaging. Whereas other bigger labels are putting out basic packages for the same price.

Just my my 2 cents
Old 30th April 2011, 01:27 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I myself need my dvd packaging to be perfect. I get funny looks when shopping as I sift through all the copies of a film to find the best conditiond one
I hear ya! I'm famous for my obsessiveness with my covers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
robertzombie likes this.
Old 30th April 2011, 02:46 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
I get funny looks when shopping as I sift through all the copies of a film to find the best conditiond one
I would forgive Arrow for any mistakes as they are putting out some great stuff, with great packaging. Whereas other bigger labels are putting out basic packages for the same price.
You wouldn't get a funny look from me - basically I do that not only with DVDs and Blu-rays, but also with magazines, postcards, etc.

"Tout va bien.", as Ludovic Cruchot aka Louis de Funès would say.

Greetings!
Old 1st May 2011, 10:38 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
I myself need my dvd packaging to be perfect. I get funny looks when shopping as I sift through all the copies of a film to find the best conditiond one I would forgive Arrow for any mistakes as they are putting out some great stuff, with great packaging. Whereas other bigger labels are putting out basic packages for the same price.
You're not alone only i feel as though i'm getting funny looks when i search the shelves for the best conditioned copy!

True, Arrow do drop a clanger here and there but they wouldn't be the only outfit to do this. I just appreciate the fact the relevant company is providing us with the kind of cult cinema we enjoy in high quality releases that have been denied to us for far too long on British shores. Imo Arrow's recent MOG-onwards output is the sort of fan-friendly treatment we should've had years ago.

To be honest i just can't be bothered to go through the replacement copy process. I'll just wait a few months until the dust settles on this whole affair and then buy other DVD and BR editions! I can't see Arrow complaining.
Old 2nd May 2011, 11:24 AM
Cult Rookie

My replacement disc arrived today (2/05/11), it was posted on 20/04/11

Looks like it should.
Old 2nd May 2011, 02:12 PM
Cult Rookie

still nothing here in Norway, but guess it will arrive when it arrives
Old 2nd May 2011, 02:56 PM
Cult Rookie

Got the replacement disc Friday (27.04.2011) here in Norway. Watched the movie + extras Saturday. Must say I'm very pleased with the quality of this release (even noticed some stuff I hadn't before!). Thanks to arrow and cult-labs for an excellent blu-ray release.
Old 2nd May 2011, 03:09 PM
Cult Rookie

got mine in Denmark last friday
Old 4th May 2011, 12:35 PM
Cult Rookie

Still no disc any suggestions on how long I should wait before contacting arrow again?
Old 4th May 2011, 12:47 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post
Still no disc any suggestions on how long I should wait before contacting arrow again?
Most online retailers ask you to wait 14-21 days before assuming it is lost in the post. This may well be the case here, but I'd wait another month. I can understand how frustrating this is for you -- I have just had to contact Play.com because an item they dispatched on 04/04/11 hasn't arrived.

Like this? Share it using the links below!