Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree40Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th August 2011, 08:09 PM
Cult Rookie

I'm still kinda annoyed and after putting up my first message on this its clear that I am one of still many suffering from the actions of arrow, hopefully they do resolve something at some stage I will hold out for a while before being silly and getting too pissed off
Old 5th August 2011, 08:19 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
The b&w packages should've been recalled, especially if the corrected discs were going to be limited. It's a shame Arrow is now telling folks "too bad!" when they ask to replace an inferior product. Rights owner's fault or not, this initial version should never have been pressed in the first place. This isn't an attack, but a fact.
It is an industry fact that product recalls are only initiated if the product is dangerous or potentially helpful, such as a car where the brakes don't work, not BDs with substandard picture quality.

It's a real shame for those of you with an incorrect disc, but that's how these things work.
Old 5th August 2011, 09:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Well, call it what you want. Recalled, defective, whatever. It still should never have been passed thru to the manufacturing stage. Luckily I have the correct disc, but it's ridiculous that there aren't enough to go around to replace the defectively made discs.
Old 5th August 2011, 09:44 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I know I'm going to get a heap of shit for this (pardon my French), but at the end of the day, we're only talking about dvds and BD's here people. You're not going to be able to take them with us when we go. There are more important things out there to concern ourselves with!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 5th August 2011, 09:49 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I know I'm going to get a heap of shit for this (pardon my French), but at the end of the day, we're only talking about dvds and BD's here people. You're not going to be able to take them with us when we go. There are more important things out there to concern ourselves with!

---
That's true to an extent but we're also talking about people's hard earned money and getting the correct product that was paid for. If we were just talking about DVD's and BD's then Arrow surely would do it just as a hobby and sell everything to just break even without any concern for making any profit from the business.
trench likes this.
Old 5th August 2011, 09:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

---
That's what I always think when I see all these self appointed blu-ray 'experts', who spend a worrying amount of time trying to pick up on any flaws they can find and going ape, demanding those who released it be burned at the stake or whatever. No-one forced them to buy it.

I do understand the frustration over THE BEYOND though, and I'd be a bit pissed if I didn't have my replacement.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 5th August 2011, 10:00 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:

---
Blob and Pete are quite right - but Stephen hit the nail on the head. Arrow know it's an unpleasant situation. All kinds of complaints have been made. Everything's been said. So it would be best to shut the up till next week when Arrow will tell us their final decision. I am not totally happy with this situation either (as I love this company's releases), but we all should harness ourselves and wait till next week. Just my two cents.

Greetings!
Old 6th August 2011, 12:11 AM
Seasoned Cultist

If they're just dvds, blu-rays, movies, etc, (which they are), then why even bother to include multiple artworks, booklets and a bunch of extras? That's not a very good nor fair argument for excusing Arrow's blunder on THE BEYOND. It also doesn't speak highly of the fans nor the filmmakers. If they are just dvds, etc, then it wouldn't have been a big deal to destroy the bad BEYOND batch and replace them all. C'mon, guys...
Jonny and trench like this.
Old 6th August 2011, 02:16 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Maybe. Judging from our shared forum history, Daemonia and me should be found in any encyclopedia - just search for the keyword "antagonism".

Greetings!
Oh Prince, you know I love you really.

It's a fine line between love and hate.
Old 6th August 2011, 02:22 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It is an industry fact that product recalls are only initiated if the product is dangerous or potentially helpful, such as a car where the brakes don't work, not BDs with substandard picture quality.

It's a real shame for those of you with an incorrect disc, but that's how these things work.
I'm sorry, Nos - but that's a bit of a cavalier attitude to take. Basically saying you're saddled with the product you buy. In this case, we KNOW that incorrect discs were pressed. Arrow have admitted that, but to equate dissatisfied customers with those that are protesting against an unsafe product is a bit silly, if not a little insulting. No, the product is not unsafe, so give us an argument that we can use against the retailers for getting a 'proper' product.

I'm sorry, but I took that as a F*ck off from Arrow, who can't be bothered to deal with this issue. In that case, neither can I be bothered to buy this title.
Jonny and trench like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!