Like Tree428Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th February 2012, 10:21 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Pretty impressive!

Just out of interest:
A) Why are so many of the discs still sealed?
B) Why do you double-dip (i.e. DVD and Blu-ray) so often?

Greetings!
Although they appear sealed - they have in fact all been opened (and in most cases, watched) - but I've just protected them with case wraps.
As soon as I get anything new, it's opened so as to check disc & contents etc. and then I wrap it until I get around to watching it. If it's something rare/oop/special etc. or like the Arrow releases, has a slip case then it gets a permanent case wrap.
As for double dipping - what happened there was...
I had bought all the releases on DVD (as I hadn't started buying/collecting Blu's at the time). I only got a Blu ray player a couple of months back and at that point picked up the Blu-Ray only releases. I double dippped on both Dawn/Day of the Dead and then I decided that if I was going to have Arrow releases on Blu-Ray - then I had to have them all!!!
antmumford likes this.
Old 24th February 2012, 10:41 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
With regard to the sealed slipcover ones, they'll probably become much sought after in time. Been thinking of buying a few copies of select titles and keeping them sealed....then selling them for silly money in a few years.
Have thought of doing that too - but then I'd be triple-dipping!!!
Old 24th February 2012, 11:43 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagaman View Post
Although they appear sealed - they have in fact all been opened (and in most cases, watched) - but I've just protected them with case wraps.
As soon as I get anything new, it's opened so as to check disc & contents etc. and then I wrap it until I get around to watching it. If it's something rare/oop/special etc. or like the Arrow releases, has a slip case then it gets a permanent case wrap.
As for double dipping - what happened there was...
I had bought all the releases on DVD (as I hadn't started buying/collecting Blu's at the time). I only got a Blu ray player a couple of months back and at that point picked up the Blu-Ray only releases. I double dippped on both Dawn/Day of the Dead and then I decided that if I was going to have Arrow releases on Blu-Ray - then I had to have them all!!!
I had never heard of case wraps before. But as I like my dvd's to be in perfect condition and dust free, I think I will be getting some of these. This will hopefully prevent my Arrow slipcases turning yellow, like what happened to a few ps2 slipcases I had
Old 24th February 2012, 12:31 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I had never heard of case wraps before. But as I like my dvd's to be in perfect condition and dust free, I think I will be getting some of these. This will hopefully prevent my Arrow slipcases turning yellow, like what happened to a few ps2 slipcases I had
These are the ones you want as they'll fit DVD's, Blu-rays and Steelbooks. Perfect to keep everything pristine!

NEO MEDIA DVD Case Wrap 14mm 200 Sleeves Pack Clear | eBay

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 24th February 2012, 12:35 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Yes, I find it's always good to have some of them, they might not always look that attractive but at least they offer protection against dust, spillages etc.
Just search for 'DVD Case Wraps' on ebay, that's where I bought a load from a few years back.
I found the 'Amps' or 'SRN' branded ones the best but be warned, dependent on brand, and wrap thickness, the standard wraps (P6 size) do not fit anything more than a 14mm case, so with the Arrow releases I've had to use P16 size. There are bigger sizes too, which are good for box sets.
Old 24th February 2012, 12:42 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Yes, I find it's always good to have some of them, they might not always look that attractive but at least they offer protection against dust, spillages etc.
Just search for 'DVD Case Wraps' on ebay, that's where I bought a load from a few years back.
I found the 'Amps' or 'SRN' branded ones the best but be warned, dependent on brand, and wrap thickness, the standard wraps (P6 size) do not fit anything more than a 14mm case, so with the Arrow releases I've had to use P16 size. There are bigger sizes too, which are good for box sets.
That's good to know about the larger sizes as the ones I posted above are 14mm so I haven't been able to cover my Arrow Blu collection yet. I'm gonna buy some of the larger ones now then, cheers!

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 24th February 2012, 01:24 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
That's good to know about the larger sizes as the ones I posted above are 14mm so I haven't been able to cover my Arrow Blu collection yet. I'm gonna buy some of the larger ones now then, cheers!
I'm not sure what size they go up to, but after the standard 14mm (P6) I've got them in sizes P16 (which are ideal for dvd's with slip cases), P17, P18 and P19 - the biggest I have - which is good for about a 12-way case or about 40mm or thereabouts, if I remember correctly.
I bought all these sizes from a seller on ebay a few years back but I haven't seen them listed since, although I'm sure they must be available somewhere.
I'll check later but I think it's the 'amps' standard ones that I use for the Arrow Blu's as I found them to be just slightly bigger & a little thinner than my other standard wraps and they fit perfectly, although some can be a bit of a struggle to get on with out the sides splitting!

By the sides splitting - I mean on the wraps - Not the Arrow slip cases!

Last edited by Nagaman; 24th February 2012 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 24th February 2012, 06:57 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Tell me about it, the same thing's happened to my Shameless collection...

Lovely-looking collection there by the way Nagaman - very impressive!
Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 25th February 2012, 11:13 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
I'm not sure what size they go up to, but after the standard 14mm (P6) I've got them in sizes P16 (which are ideal for dvd's with slip cases), P17, P18 and P19 - the biggest I have - which is good for about a 12-way case or about 40mm or thereabouts, if I remember correctly.
I bought all these sizes from a seller on ebay a few years back but I haven't seen them listed since, although I'm sure they must be available somewhere.
I'll check later but I think it's the 'amps' standard ones that I use for the Arrow Blu's as I found them to be just slightly bigger & a little thinner than my other standard wraps and they fit perfectly, although some can be a bit of a struggle to get on with out the sides splitting!

By the sides splitting - I mean on the wraps - Not the Arrow slip cases!
I had a look on eBay yesterday and couldn't find any larger ones, will have to have a more extensive dig around later

Old 8th April 2012, 01:33 PM
Cult Rookie

S1310002.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!