All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd April 2011, 06:17 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I think Suspiria was the first Argento film I saw and I then wanted to see everything the guy had made, so ordered things like Inferno, Phenomena and the Animals Trilogy. I was amazed by it on my first viewing and have been hooked ever since.
Old 4th April 2011, 12:12 PM
Active Cultist

I got it as part of Anchor Bay's Dario Argento boxset. The film just blew me away, a classic thriller in every sense of the word!
Old 10th April 2011, 10:04 AM
Cult Acolyte

I'd read a lot of positive reviews of the film and seen some clips, before I came to buy the uncut Dutch DVD release.The only Argento films I'd seen previously were Suspiria, Inferno and Deep Red, all of which I'd enjoyed.Tenebrae easily tops my list of fave Argento films though, with Deep Red not following too far behind.
Old 10th April 2011, 11:17 PM
Cult Rookie

Seen for the first time when I was 12, in 1986 on italian channel Italia1 (owned by Silvio Berlusconi), heavily cut.
As you probably know, Veronica Lario was Berlusconi's wife, so her infamous scene was trimmed.
Love at first sight, I have the Anchor Bay dvd and I am looking forward to the Arrow blu-ray!
Old 24th September 2012, 09:21 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think I read some reviews on it and found a DVD version of it an my local second hand music shop. A day later I found out it was butchered. It was in a black case and had the bow around the neck.
Old 24th September 2012, 02:47 PM
Ex-member

i first saw TENEBRE when i rented the video back in the 80's on the (i think) Videomedia label
if my memory serves me right the first Argento film was SUSPIRIA and then or after INFERNO i saw which was to be my fave horror TENEBRE
since then i have bought the R1 Anchor Bay (first time uncut), R2 Sazuma, R2 A-Film (complete), R1 AB Collection, RB Arrow blu ray (complete)

and sold the first 2 dvds since

still waiting for the definitive blu ray, the Arrow bd pq wise i like and extras

but the audio.......
Old 11th October 2012, 05:07 AM
Cultist in Training

I think it was the first #argento film I saw after discovering Suspiria. I bought the old AB US VHS tape while at college. Some 13 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and the devil
Old 11th October 2012, 05:34 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default TENEBRE

Like most of the oldies on the site I saw Tenebrae on video back in the 80's,when I was working my thru the horror section at my local video rental establishment,the first Argento I actually saw was Deep Red on Betamax tape,then later on saw Tenebrae.
Old 11th October 2012, 12:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Unlike some of the old-timers (ahem), I discovered the film in the early 90’s in the pages of Dark Side’s Video Nasties issue, an event which changed the whole trajectory of Horror Cinema for me – but that’s another story (and probably told on another thread!)

Tenebrae is one of my favourite Argentos and the film is edging out Suspiria with every successive viewing (Deep Red is still safe at the top however). The film contains one of my favourite Argento moments, the extraordinary shot of a straight razor smashing the light bulb, an image that works on some level I can’t properly explain…

Old 11th October 2012, 01:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Unlike some of the old-timers (ahem), I discovered the film in the early 90’s in the pages of Dark Side’s Video Nasties issue, an event which changed the whole trajectory of Horror Cinema for me – but that’s another story (and probably told on another thread!)
Same for me, even though I was around during the dark times, I was far too young to be watching anything like that so all I really remember is the amount of fantastic covers in my local video shop.
As for the film, I first got to see it when Anchor Bay released it on DVD about 10 years ago and when I last watched it I noticed an endorsement from a certain Almar Haflidason on the box
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!