Like Tree74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st April 2011, 08:48 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Tenebrae – Technically Speaking

What you make of the Blu-ray or DVD? Does it meet your expectations, slightly disappoint you or surpass those high expectations.?
Old 19th June 2011, 08:27 AM
Seasoned Cultist

These caps courtesy of Mentasm on AVF:

Old 19th June 2011, 08:46 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Yeah, I saw those, alongside some for Obsession. To be honest, the ones for Tenebrae look a little iffy compared to the screenshots from the French bluray release - they look a little 'fuzzy' for want of abetter word and there did seem to be a better level of detail on the french disk. That said I don't really want to make judgement until I read some proper reviews and see the film myself and am still hoping for the best, this being my most anticipated release of the year to date.
Old 19th June 2011, 08:54 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Bearing in mind that these are only screencaps, the grain does not look natural in these.
Old 20th June 2011, 08:03 AM
Seasoned Cultist

The US Django disc has the same weird noisy grain.
They seem to DNR the hell out of the picture, as you can tell by the lack of fine details, and then add "filmgrain" to it to make it look more film-like.

But neither 8mm, 16mm, 35mm grain look any way NEAR that noisy sandstorm we see in those pictures, and in motion it just gonna look even weirder if it´s like the Django disc.

I´ll wait for more screenshots and reviews. But if it´s as bad as it looks then I´ll might as well go for the french release instead. With my Oppo player I can move the subtitles out of the picture.

Getting tired of all these italian classics getting iffy BD transfers...
Old 20th June 2011, 08:49 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Screens from the french disc as comparision.
Might not be perfect either as there is a pinch of DNR on it, but still more pleasing to MY eyes

Old 21st June 2011, 05:34 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
...noisy sandstorm...
Old 21st June 2011, 08:14 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Dude, I have NOTHING against filmgrain, I LOVE filmgrain, but THAT does not look like real filmgrain on those Arrow screens.

And I see that the screenshots that I uploaded in the post above from the french disc as a comparision have been deleted.

VERY mature Arrow.
robertzombie likes this.
Old 21st June 2011, 08:19 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Dude, I have NOTHING against filmgrain, I LOVE filmgrain, but THAT does not look like real filmgrain on those Arrow screens.

And I see that the screenshots that I uploaded in the post above from the french disc as a comparision have been deleted.

VERY mature Arrow.
Were the French screenshots hotlinked from Land of Whimsy? If so, you can't hotlink to that site on any forum so that'll be the issue, not some sort of underhand Arrow conspiracy

edit: when I quote your post I can see that they were. Mystery solved! Even putting them in a post as a URL won't work
Old 21st June 2011, 08:25 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

VERY mature Arrow.
There is no conspiracy or master plan to remove images from other releases. Those images don't exist because they are hotlinks from Land of Whimsy. If you go there and save the images to your hard drive and then upload them to your Photobucket or Flickr account, you should be able to display them here without a problem.
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!