Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th March 2012, 06:30 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
even though they arent his best i still love mother of tears, the card player, sleepless, jenifer, pelts, the phantom opf the opera ETC. i havent seen giallo yet but even if it's the worst film of all time it would take more than that for me to start hating on dario argento because, well..he's the man.
i agree there
yes some of Argento's films haven't been great but I have all his films anyway
unlike Brian De Palma who is my other fave director and have 15 of his films, so far
Old 20th March 2012, 06:54 PM
Active Cultist

i've got 22 de palmas! still need to get phantom of paradise, casualties of war, home movies, how to train your rabbit, dionysus and wise guys. brian is also the man.
Old 20th March 2012, 07:16 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
i've got 22 de palmas! still need to get phantom of paradise, casualties of war, home movies, how to train your rabbit, dionysus and wise guys. brian is also the man.
wasn't a great fan of CASUALTIES OF WAR and esp WISE GUYS but De Palma more than made up for it when his next film was THE UNTOUCHABLES
never seen HOME MOVIES or GET TO KNOW YOUR RABBIT film with Orson Welles but De Palma was fired during filming because of the star Tommy (forgot his surname) so I read
PHANTOM is underrated!
Old 24th October 2013, 03:58 PM
Cult Rookie

was watching my blu-ray copy of BWTCP last night and discovered missing audio during the scene where the police inspector shows up after the gallery murder. does anyone else have this issue? am wondering if my copy is part of a rogue batch, or whether this is an issue everyone else is having?
thanks in advance!
Old 24th October 2013, 08:57 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Don't know mate-I gather it's the Arrow version you're talking about?
Wouldn't know I'm afraid-still sealed after I saw what that muppet VS did to the ratio.
I ordered the US BD.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 089859901324-500x500.jpg (16.8 KB, 5 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 25th October 2013, 04:07 PM
Cult Rookie

yep, it's on my Arrow blu. seems like a massive oversight imo.
Old 20th January 2015, 09:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Is there any chance Arrow may re-release this?

I would love to buy it but that Univisium bollocks put me right off. Watching Apocalypse Now used to be painful (there was this horrible pan-and-scan during the opening overlays of helicopter blades, ceiling fan and Sheen in his bed - it destroyed the image) until Coppola decided to supervise the BD himself.

Since VCI (the rights holders) have released a new BD in the correct aspect ratio, this means that Storaro does not have final say over the image (unlike The Last Emperor) and thus could not object to a 2.35:1 re-release.
Old 20th January 2015, 09:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I would say theres a slim chance of Arrow revisiting Bird, if they were going to they would have by now. It seems the Storarovision version is here to stay, because of that the Blue Underground versions sells for large amounts on Amazon and eBay.
Old 20th January 2015, 09:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
I would say theres a slim chance of Arrow revisiting Bird, if they were going to they would have by now. It seems the Storarovision version is here to stay, because of that the Blue Underground versions sells for large amounts on Amazon and eBay.
Is the new VCI BD 2.35:1? According to Amazon and other retailers, it is. The fact that it's going cheap would make it a worthwhile purchase. However, I do love Arrow and would like to give them my money.

I suppose I could pick up the VCI disc and get a cheap copy of the Arrow for the extras.
Old 20th January 2015, 09:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

From what I've read the VCI disc is the way to go, correct ratio and a brighter print and it's not too expensive on Amazon.co.uk
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!